VW Bora 1.9 tdi 96kw (136hp) @ 110kw (150hp)

Iwcham

Veteran Member
TDI
golf,2003, grey-metalic
Hi guys. A question for u!? I have a six speed Bora 96kw, and would like to know whether there is a phusical difference between my engine and that with 110kw. If there is only a difference in chip, i would like to replace it with the original 110kw one? The difference is only 14kw, so perhaps th engines are the same??!! Thanks for replies!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Pretty sure the injectors are diff....not 100% sure though.

Iwcham

Veteran Member
TDI
golf,2003, grey-metalic
So, du u think the 100kw chip will work, + not do any harm to the engine??

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
there many diferent chip tunings for TDI do a little search and them you can compare and choose the one that will work better for you, there is people that had their cars chip for over 100k milles with not issues..

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Iwcham said:
So, du u think the 100kw chip will work, + not do any harm to the engine??
Where are you? Most places that do remapping will use the same chip regardless of the car (especially if same type of engine, i.e PD diesel one)

A PD tuning box will be OK to switch between PD cars as well, but won't have the same effects as a proper remap.

Iwcham

Veteran Member
TDI
golf,2003, grey-metalic
I am from Serbia, and was thinking about fitting the new 110kw chip and the 110kw turbo at some good car mechanic's. You might wonder why I ask you and not some mechanic about whether it is possible to be done in the first place. Well, we are enthusiasts, not them, right?! I trust your opinion better!