Do It Yourself Custom Chiptuning Kits for sale

Aligator

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
The DIY Chip Tuning kit includes everything you need to chip your ECU (Engine Control Unit) using custom software you get from us by email.

The kit consists of:
• A eprom programmer that is capable of programming memories in your ECU
• A cable for connecting the programmer to your PC. A LPT printer port on your PC is required
• Socket(s) to solder in the ECU
• Rewritable flash memory(ies) for custom software
• Detailed online manuals and support via new dedicated forum http://diy.tdituning.pl Access to the hidden part of the forum with manuals and online help will be given after payment for the kit is recieved.
• Custom chip tuning for your car

The total cost of the kit is:
- $350 USD shipped for cars with VNT15 or 17
- $550 USD shipped for cars with VNT20
- $600 USD shipped for cars with turbo larger then VNT20

The kit is suitable for all North American TDIs manufactured before 2004 (no PD EDC16 support) and all European TDIs (VP and PD) with EDC15 and older ECUs.

The kit does not include power supply because some countries use different voltage and plug style. The programmer can be powered by a standard 14-20V power supply that can be easily found at any electronic shop like Radio Shack.

By custom chip I mean that we prepare software for you based on information about your car's setup and VAG-COM logs you send us. We send you first chip version, you install it, test it, make VAG-COM logs and then send them to us with your opinions about the chip and what you would like to change. Based on logs and your opinions we prepare a second version and send it to you. We repeat the procedure until you're fully satisfied. We maintain your boost curve for best turbo reliability so the purchase and installation of a 3rd party boost valve may not be necessary.

The kit includes a blank chip, which you'll be uploading custom software to. The original chip will stay untouched so you'll always have the option to revert to stock.

Addtional remaps (if the custom chipping procedure has been completed and you installed new modifications afterwards) like a new remap for a new larger turbo installed or injectors, would cost $25 - 100 USD depending on how much has to be modified. For example if you had a custom chip tuned for VNT-15 and then you switched to VNT-17 then a completely new remap has to be done so the cost would be $100 USD. If you only installed larger injectors or pump and need only a small remap of fueling then the cost would be $25 USD. The cost of remaps for larger turbos then VNT17 is: $200USD for an upgrade from VNT15/17 to VNT20 and $250USD for upgrade from VNT15/17 to any larger turbo then VNT20.

Once you get the kit you have to solder in a supplied socket into the ECU. If you're not familiar with soldering you have to find someone that will do that - any local electronic service/shop will be able to do that. Once your ECU is socketed no further soldering is necessary and you will only be reflashing the supplied chip. The chips I supply are flash memories so they can be reprogrammed many times with the programmer.

Treat yourself to our top-notch chip that is specially tailored to you and your car.

Kit owners will also have the possibility of becoming dieselinside.com chip tuning dealers. Diesel Inside is our associate based in North America.

If you are interested please contact us via PM or by email at diy@tdituning.pl.

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Where's the dancing guy icon when I need it?!

Whooo hooo! Awesome, Aligator!

I looooooove having options.

Okay, guess I really do need vag-com now :D

PS: to microsolder the eprom socket in only costs $25 locally.

This is great news!:) :) :D :cool:

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Good deal! Guys, jump on. The kit is good, and the quality of the knowledge and support superb.

Recommended!

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Aligator said:
Detailed online manuals and support via new dedicated forum http://diy.tdituning.pl Access to the hidden part of the forum with manuals and online help will be given after payment for the kit is recieved.
I counted 6 manuals and at least 50 pictures. Excellent instructions for using the DIY programmer kit

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I really think this sort of thing is leading to the wave of the future. All we need is to be able to write our own maps and load them ourselves!

Too bad it requires soldering, the only part of the puzzle that is missing. If it was all through the OBD port then it would be better. I don't know too many folks with the soldering skills (including myself)

We need a way to make custom maps on the PC then load them through the OBD port in to the ECU. THAT would really slay.

Last edited:

Mark@MaloneTuning

Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
KERMA said:
I really think this sort of thing is leading to the wave of the future.
Thanks Charlie :)

KERMA said:
Too bad it requires soldering, the only part of the puzzle that is missing.
Not really, there's almost always a local electronic shop nearby that offer solder repair/etc. services. It may actually take less effort than arranging an appointment with a standard chip dealer. Cheap too, and it only needs to be done once for your ECU.

There are soldering instructions with some pictures in the DIY programming forums.

Or we can do all of the ECU chipping work for you.

KERMA said:
All we need is to be able to write our own maps and load them ourselves!
I've considered it and it seems unrealistic. Most people will not be able to take advantage of it. See the other thread :)

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Kerma any ecu that can be mapped throw the OBD port the company i've told you of can do this , and again i stress the fact that they can map for any hardware changes no matter how big or small and the ecu limitations you talk of like when seeing boost over a certain point with a 2bar map is not a problem.

And oh dear you will have to employ someone who's good enough to do the soldering on the older ecu's , but hay you can't have everything but you would be the first over there with this type of service and capability.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Kerma......any type of ecu that may be mapped by the OBD port can be done this way by the company i've talked of , and the ecu limitations you talk of with say the 2bar map and the ecu not liking it at 22psi or more will be no problem and pump timing too.

Like Quadcomm has said you could use an outside company or have an in house technician do the soldering work which needs doing on the older ecu's , a small price to pay with the capabilities of being able to map any amount of mods/hardware that has been implemented and like that above , egt's/turbo will be the limiting factor that limits power levels and will be mapped to safe levels of either the turbo or cr.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
I don't think it is unrealistic at all--- You can buy standalone tuning units for Japanese cars--- many people take advantage of it. If you blow up your engine, of course, you're at fault.

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
soldering isnt that bad. Its the knowledge behind good and bad remaping that would bother me. personnally I could do the install no problem but its the experiance that I would lack on. to each there own. atleast this adds a new option.

TDI_ME

TDI
2001 Beetle GL TDI Cyber Green, 2005 Passat 2.0 TDI, and a Gasser 2006 Jetta V 2.0T
Just curious why you have the dieselinside website in your signature since it has never or at least for over a year, been any more than a waste of cyber space. And I mean no offense but a useless link is aggravating at least.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
shortysclimbin said:
soldering isnt that bad.
True, but how many here know about a cold solder or for that matter, a heat sink? I sure would not want to attempt it myself knowing the damage I could cause and the cost of repairing that damage. Think I would be looking for a good professional to do it. Especially if I could find someone to do it for only $25.00!

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Actually it requires microsoldering. You need the right tools and lots of experience + a steady hand and eyes. Fortunately the going rate for this R & R microsolder job is about $25 and takes ten minutes.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
is there anybody that is known and trusted that can solder the chip sockets in? Sure don't trust my skills at that level.

I've got a spare ECU that I could send out to get the socket put in.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Not that I know of. I just looked for microsoldering/ electronics shops in the yellow pages and in the online yellow pages, called around till I found a place that worked on Saturdays and made the apointment.

I pulled up, lifted the cowl, removed the ECU and took it inside. They loaned me a micro heat air torch to soften the gummy sealant around the edges.

I showed him the replacement chip and he R & R'd it and handed it back to me. I sealed it up with the screws then reapplied a little heat to the edges to get the sealant to soften and seal nicely again at their suggestion.

Cost $25.

When you put the ECU back in make sure to wait one full minute with the key to 'on' but don't start the car. The TPS recalibrates itself to zero position, ensuring smooth idle.

Aligator

TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
03_01_TDI said:
is there anybody that is known and trusted that can solder the chip sockets in? Sure don't trust my skills at that level.

I've got a spare ECU that I could send out to get the socket put in.
You can always send me your spare ECU and I will install the socket and send it back with the DIY kit. That would cost +50USD shipped.

jester69

Veteran Member
Quick question:

My understanding was that on the mk4 volkswagens you could upgrade maps by flashng the chips that came in the ECU from the factory. I/e no soldering required whatsoever.

If Wett, Rocketchip, et. etl also will be soldering on my ECU I may as well buy this and do it myself. If they don't solder, that makes me a bit more hesitant about this idea. Anyone have anything they would say to change my mind?

Second quick question, do i get the ability to remap my car myself, on the fly or in my house, or is the only way to get an updated map to have you produce one for me?

take care,

Jester

Last edited:

Aligator

TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
jester69 said:
My understanding was that on the mk4 volkswagens you could upgrade maps by flashng the chips that came in the ECU from the factory. I/e no soldering required whatsoever.

If Wett, Rocketchip, et. etl also will be soldering on my ECU I may as well buy this and do it myself. If they don't solder, that makes me a bit more hesitant about this idea. Anyone have anything they would say to change my mind?
Newer ECUs can be reflashed without desoldering the chip. But equipment needed for flashing the ECU over OBD costs 3000-5000EUR. You can achieve the same result a lot cheaper by desoldering the original chip and installing a socket with a new flash. This is the way that all older ECUs were chipped also by chiptuners before OBD reflashable ECUs showed up.

jester69 said:
Second quick question, do i get the ability to remap my car myself, on the fly or in my house, or is the only way to get an updated map to have you produce one for me?
No, I supply the map based on your info, logs etc.

Aligator

TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
no-blue-screen said:
So what's the scoup on the newer PDs? Do you have plan on a kit like this for the 06?
No, new PDs are EDC16 that cannot be reprogrammed by soldering. Can be tuned over OBD but needs expensive chiptuning device.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
I have chipped many TDI's nd soldering is not for the weak hearted. It is way to easy to lift a trace ad then the beginner is screwed. Soldering instruction are no substitue for experience.

Greg

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
When I go back to my day job in Oct. (on Active Duty at the moment) I'll have access to all kinds of microscopes and surface mount IC extraction gear etc. and have been in the electronics industry most of my life. I'm sure I could do this probably better than my recent TB experience :)

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
LanduytG said:
I have chipped many TDI's nd soldering is not for the weak hearted. It is way to easy to lift a trace ad then the beginner is screwed. Soldering instruction are no substitue for experience.

Greg
Exactly! I can solder discrete components just fine, but when you're dealing with micro-traces on a wave-soldered board, fughgetaboutit--hire a pro. If you accidentally delaminate one contact pad your day is ruined to the tune of a new ECU cost.

arinder

aligator a few questions here, very interested

(1) if i buy another ecu from a different golf mk3 can i get a socket fitted to it and flash it with a map for my current golf mk3 1.9 tdi

(2) im confused about this extra chip you supply, you said that you solder a socket, on to the ecu and therefore you can use it to program, but where does this extra chip you supply come into it? ... oh by socket do you mean that once this is installed i can swap the chips out easily?

(3) how do i use vagcom on a 1996 mk3 golf tdi 1.9? if it doeesnt have an odb port?

thanks

Last edited: