Nozzle nut torque after .216 upgrade

todaysits

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, Black
2001 Jetta TDI with .216 nozzle upgrade. I've read that the nozzle nut should be hand tightened then add 30 degrees on the wrench. I'm trying to seal a small leak that I have after upgrading my nozzles.

Does anyone know what the factory torque is with the use of a crow's foot?

Does anyone know how much further than factory you can safetly torque those things? They seem quite sturdy.

Tx.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I managed to brake one of those bolts while tightening them... It was PITA to get the end out of the hole in the parkinglot with a flashlight as working light. and with 4c temperature :D

todaysits

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, Black
hatemi said:
I managed to brake one of those bolts while tightening them... It was PITA to get the end out of the hole in the parkinglot with a flashlight as working light. and with 4c temperature :D
I was referring to the nut/cap that holds the nozzle to the injector body. Is that the one you broke? I find it hard to believe that thing is breakable.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
TRUST ME!! it is not unbreakable. and dont find out how much $$$ it costs to replace.:rolleyes: I broke mine. I believe KERMA says something like tighten to snug then another 30 degrees or so. I can't find it right now, but its not too tight. and IIRC correctly, it is 33 flbs. good luck with them

Eric B.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Torque spec:

run it down with a wrench until you feel the bottom THEN tighten another 30 degrees rotation. I go 30-60 degrees, after a while you get a feel for what is right. 30 degrees rotation is not much.

todaysits

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, Black
KERMA said:
Torque spec:

run it down with a wrench until you feel the bottom THEN tighten another 30 degrees rotation. I go 30-60 degrees, after a while you get a feel for what is right. 30 degrees rotation is not much.
Thanks Kerma, I think you cleared that up for me. I was "hand" tightening it, then wrenching 30 degrees. I thought the wrench could have gone over 90 degrees but I guess that was only because I was hand tightening it.

For some reason my leak has dissappeared for the past few days and I have been driving it pretty hard. But the second it re-appears, I will try to re-tighten.

Thx again!!