Tran Fluid

idcwby

TDI
2012 Jetta
I’m looking to change the transmission fluid in my 2012 Jetta TDI with a DSG transmission. Is the VW fluid the only kind that works?

Thanks
idcwby

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Lots of people make suitable wet clutch type dual clutch transmission fluid. Motul, Rowe, Pentosin, Liquimoly, etc.

We use Pentosin FFL2 here. I would only use a Volkswagen filter and o-ring, though, as some of the aftermarket ones have low end Chinese o-rings that shrink and leak long before its next service interval.

Last edited:

idcwby

TDI
2012 Jetta
Lots of people make suitable wet clutch type dual clutch transmission fluid. Motul, Rowe, Pentosin, Liquimoly, etc.

We use Pentosin FFL2 here. I would only use a Volkswagen filter and o-ring, though, as some of the aftermarket ones have low end Chinese o-rings that shrink and leak long before its next service interval.
Those are all something I’m going to have to order online. Was hoping I could pick something up at one of the local auto parts stores.

Thanks
idcwby

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Some NAPA stores carry Pentosin products I have heard. I've never been in one to check, I am a professional tech so we just get everything from a local wholesaler in bulk.

Most of the online stuff will be your best bet.... it isn't like the 40k trans service "sneaks up on you" to the point that waiting a couple days for delivery should be an issue. Some vendors will package everything you need, too.

Check out:

www.cascadegerman.com

www.IDParts.com

www.metalmanparts.com

for some ideas on what you need and what the stuff costs.

idcwby

TDI
2012 Jetta
Thanks for the help. This change did sneak up on me, didn’t know about them until I was figuring out which oil to use for a change and learned about the 40k transmission fluid change.
How much fluid does it use? I’ve been seeing some say 4.5 and others state you need 6L to do the change?

Thanks
idcwby

Clawdog60

TDI
12 jetta sport wagen
I haven't found a napa in my area that stocks any brand of dsg fluid even when they stock some of the brands oil's. Can't get it either if it's not in they're warehouse.
Central illinois

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
I buy all my filter packs and DSG kits from IDParts.com, I have done the gravity fill method a few times, bought a pump last year, wow what a difference is ease of servicing the dsg, and yes I do own VCDS

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Some NAPA stores carry Pentosin products I have heard. I've never been in one to check, I am a professional tech so we just get everything from a local wholesaler in bulk.
Most of the online stuff will be your best bet.... it isn't like the 40k trans service "sneaks up on you" to the point that waiting a couple days for delivery should be an issue. Some vendors will package everything you need, too.
Check out:
www.cascadegerman.com
www.IDParts.com
www.metalmanparts.com
for some ideas on what you need and what the stuff costs.
FCP Euro has kits Liqui-moly and OEM
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-dsg-transmission-service-kit-liqui-moly-02e305051ckit2
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-dsg-transmission-service-kit-02e305051ckit
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-dsg-transmission-service-kit-genuine-vw-audi-02e305051ckit3

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.