Jetta MK4 ATF oil dilema

Turbo_Boss

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.8T
Hello guys,

I really appreciated your help.

I have a 2002 Jetta MK4 1.8T Automatic Transmission with 60,000kms and I going to change the Transmission filter and fluid.

VW Jetta specs for my ATF oil are VW G 052 162 or VW TL52162

I was checking the LIQUI MOLY brand and found two ATF that meet this specs

Top Tec ATF 1200 and Top Tec ATF 1200G The one with the G say: Top Tec ATF 1200 yellow

Here are the PDF Specs

Top Tec ATF 1200
http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/...200_EN.pdf/$file/3680 Top Tec ATF 1200_EN.pdf

Top Tec ATF 1200 yellow
http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/...pdf/$file/9703 Top Tec ATF 1200 yellow_EN.pdf

So my question is whats the difference? One is Yellow color and the other is Red. Whats your advice?

Also, has any of you has use this ATF Brand? Any advise?

THX,

Isaac

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Any ATF, be it from VW, LiquiMoly, Pentosin, etc., etc. that meets the spec should be okay. However, you should try www.vwvortex.com. as this is a TDI website and the last time I checked, the 1.8T was a gasser, not a diesel.

Turbo_Boss

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.8T
Any ATF, be it from VW, LiquiMoly, Pentosin, etc., etc. that meets the spec should be okay. However, you should try www.vwvortex.com. as this is a TDI website and the last time I checked, the 1.8T was a gasser, not a diesel.
Hello 1854sailor,

Thx for your reply. Here in my country nobody sells Pentosin. I can Get Castrol, Penzoil, Motul and Liqui Moly.

I decide to post here in order to get expertise help regarding the best ATF oil for my transmission and I am pretty sure that even that my car is a gasser, it use the same automatic transmission as the the one on the MK4 TDI.:rolleyes:

Again, thank you for your time and help.

Cheers,

Isaac

Lensdude_com

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 MK4 Jetta (ALH) "Betty" (sold), 2005 MK4 Jetta (BEW) "Stinky-Pete"
Thx for your reply. Here in my country nobody sells Pentosin. I can Get Castrol, Penzoil, Motul and Liqui Moly.
I found LiquMoly Top Tec 1200 Synthetic ATF: For models with 01M 4-speed automatic transmission*** Special synthetic transmission fluid, meets specifications of VW/Audi part number G052162 as required for this model. 1 Liter bottle. 3.0 Liters of fluid required for filter change, 5.3 Liters are required for a dry fill. $13.25 at German Auto Parts dot com