View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2019, 12:19   #23
Rob Mayercik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
CARB doesn't need to know the flash counter to determine whether it's been flashed. CARB also doesn't need an exact image of the flash file to determine that it's been altered. If there is ever a question of fact, like whether the flash counter should be 1 or many, it's irrelevant to you as a driver because CARB will simply refuse your registration unless and until you prove to them your ECU is untampered. I would definitely not rely on some implausible story about VW technicians messing up a flash...I'm not even sure that happens. I've never flashed an ECU but I have flashed other hardware devices and incomplete flashes resulted in either a bricked device or an unflashed one--never an increased flash count The humor in this is it's always the offenders who try and float these implausible scenarios and wonder why they aren't credited as possible scenarios.
Oh, I know about bricking things, but I was thinking more along the lines of "Ok, I flashed it" "Hey, you loaded version <x>, I said to load <y>". "Oops, let me try that again"...

Page generated in 0.06649 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.71 Kb. compressed to 14.16 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.87%)]