2015 TDIFest RFP Announcement?

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Denver CO or somewhere in the Montana / Idaho area would be pretty cool ! :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
In fairness, it's a bit daunting if you've never done anything like it before. We're working on something for 2015, but it isn't ready for public discussion yet. :)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I think this is where the Miata world excels. There are local clubs all over the country and around the world that put on local, regional, and national events. For several years my local club ran an annual event that had people coming from all over the country and even a few from Europe. I don't suppose there are enough TDI owners to form local chapters, though, as even Miata group members are a minority considering all the Miatas sold.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You can't compare the Miata group to the TDI group. There is simply no comparison and the people here now are much different than they were 5 years ago....

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
The local TDI group (columbustdidrivers) is about ten or so active members, and the extent of activities is essentially monthly restaurant GTGs and the odd wrenching GTG. The local Miata club (Buckeye Miata Club) is, what, 40 active members last I was active in it (plus the high turnouts for the autocrosses)? And with formal meetings every month, plus drives, plus autocrosses...

Scale is quite different, really.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Yep! If we could have a lot of local TDI clubs with even half the membership of an average Miata club, we'd be golden. My Miata club has over 200 members and we're just one of several in California.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
We are in the process of early planning for a Road Trip next summer/fall (2015). So, once we are settled on a destiny, depending on the location of the TDI Fest, we might change our plans, both date(s) and geographic area(s).

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Wow, if we did Larz I would have to help out since I'm a member too. And I could actually bring my kid too. Its odd how my 2+ year old doesn't enjoy sitting in the car all day on long trips.
Gravol. :)

mrbrefast

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4V, the MFALCON - SOLD
Definitely excited and curious as to where this will be held, as I want to schedule some vacation time so I can make my way over there and meet familiar forum avatars and their unfamiliar associated faces! :D

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Awesome looking event - and great website! Send me a private message.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
New Year. Awaiting updates.
Did you notice post #46 above? You want to get in touch with "VeeDubTDI". Few people here knows more about the organization of TDIFests than him. Send him a PM (if you have not already done so) and he will contact you. He has been a central figure in organizing many recent fests.

Have Fun!

Don

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Did you notice post #46 above? You want to get in touch with "VeeDubTDI". Few people here knows more about the organization of TDIFests than him. Send him a PM (if you have not already done so) and he will contact you. He has been a central figure in organizing many recent fests.

Have Fun!

Don
PM had been sent and answered. Just awaiting updates.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Fred and I are working some things out at the moment. Nothing to announce at the present time.

TD

TDI
2006VW Touareg, 2013 Beetle convertible
Sure hope the 2015 TDI fest happens. I've sure enjoyed past events!
2013 Beetle TDI manual shift convertible
2006 TouaregTDI

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Patience.......... the timing belt is properly tensioned , the timing marks are right on and in 1+- week or so we will see if this baby will start. Keep looking for the announcement.

After all inquiring minds want and need to know.

A team is being propositioned.....

Fred WILL make an announcement.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Would be cool to do an event that we can incorporate a couple laps around a racetrack, like Westies at Watkins:

http://www.empirevwcamping.org/Watkins/ :)
Yes, lots of things are cool. Me? I will just be happy to have a TDIFest this year. Was set to go last year and it did not happen. So just to have a Fest again will be fine with me. And I plan to be there.