Stage 3 from AARoderiguez...

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
While my fuel economy may suffer......

My Smiles per Mile increased 400%. Thanks for that! Pics when it's all complete!!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
So I hear that thing is pretty fast with the new turbo. In for pics and video! :cool:

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
Its screamin fast and awesome!!! Once i get a spare hand i will make a jordan run so you can see it on the hills. Malone 3.5 is simply awesome!!!

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Do tell, do tell. What exactly is a Malone 3.0 tune?

Our MY06 1.9BRM Jetta has had a Malone 1.5 tune for many years; Dieseland in Colorado provided the Malone tune. As a daily driver the Jetta DSG scoots Ok.

We're in ATL now and I've driven out to AARoderiguez shop. What is a Malone 3.0 tune?

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
Do tell, do tell. What exactly is a Malone 3.0 tune?

Our MY06 1.9BRM Jetta has had a Malone 1.5 tune for many years; Dieseland in Colorado provided the Malone tune. As a daily driver the Jetta DSG scoots Ok.

We're in ATL now and I've driven out to AARoderiguez shop. What is a Malone 3.0 tune?
I'm actually at 3.5 now. Its for CRs. Cr170 turbo, associated plumbing, swapped egt wires around etc. Apply fuel pedal and hold on :). Wish I did this sooner! Looks like our 2013 is getting a turbo too soon! So worth it! Buzzken exhaust is nice too.

Jbratstdi

TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Sold Diesel Gate
While my fuel economy may suffer......
My Smiles per Mile increased 400%. Thanks for that! Pics when it's all complete!!
I am still smiling this car is so quick ! Here is a true story my neighbor has 328 gasser lowered and bigger injectors and upgraded exhaust work
Me at first I had a Malone stage 2 with Dsg tune its a Sunday morning on I am entering 95N when I look behind and see my neighbor I go for it at first i pull away then he pulls away I go behind him I get to 119..... That's all folks I found out my limiter was still on he is pulling away from me and I just wave bye bye to him he says he got up to 140 his first time, embarrassed.....I Call Andrew let him know whats going on he sends back tune with adjustment I am now happier get car up the 123 so i know that the limiter is off great news well a couple of days later I get an email from Andrew Stage 3.5 is ready he sent me an invoice brought it then had it installed car is much quicker I very happy now 2 weeks have passed since I got smoked... Embarrassed I was doing vagcom tweaks in front of my house my Neighbor arrives home and asks what you doing with a smile... I say hey finally got my...... hey jump in!
Here is my set up Now
Malone stage 3.5 Cr 190 Turbo - (Beast) Dsg Tune full Rawtek exhaust Meagan Coils set to 28 upgraded front and rear sway bars
Now to the fun:
I hit the road long banking curve to get to highway 95S I am up to 97 running flat.... He says dang this car is quick cant believe your going this fast on the curve and its smooth were on the highway now 105....110...120.. He says hey be careful the cops hang around here I told him NOT TODAY.. lol had a point to prove (he didn't know it) .125...129...134..139 140..143... Traffic! Dang had to slow down but in between the car catapolting thru those speeds I needed to switch lanes a few times all while still running flat ..... He says I can't believe how fast you get to 120! And your car is nimble what you riding on(see above description of mods)
I slept on vw diesels so we head back only got it up to 127 this time we get off highway ......were back at the complex he gets out the car with a big ole grin he says wow,you're faster than me now
priceless... I said I think your right
Tune is worth every penny I paid

Last edited:

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
I'm actually at 3.5 now. Its for CRs. Cr170 turbo, associated plumbing, swapped egt wires around etc. Apply fuel pedal and hold on :). Wish I did this sooner! Looks like our 2013 is getting a turbo too soon! So worth it! Buzzken exhaust is nice too.
Where are you in Maine? I would love to get a demo ride in a stage 3 or 3.5 to see what it's like.

Jbratstdi

TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Sold Diesel Gate
Andrew and Mark are really doing a great job with these tunes and there not finished more to come from what I understand including stage 4 for our CR Passat I told him if he can squeeze more out of the turbo then sign me up I am pretty sure with the set up they have they can squeeze more out of the turbo.

Last edited:

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
Where are you in Maine? I would love to get a demo ride in a stage 3 or 3.5 to see what it's like.
51 miles from you :) Next Big Box run to Auburn, I can give you a ride.