Help with boost logs please

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
I'll apologize for the quality of these pictures in advance. I was out driving and realized I had my laptop and cable with me and thought I'd grab a few quick logs on the way home. My car will often hit limp mode and I'd like to figure out why. Do these logs give any clues as to what's wrong with my car?

You can click on them for full res

Thanks

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
No, I didn't have much time. I plan on taking proper logs. The reason I went ahead and posted these was I thought the boost hanging on for so long after requested dropped to 0 was an indicator of something, possibly sticky vanes. We took the car on a 5 hour drive yesterday and it hit limp mode twice.

What's the best method of taking a log with the auto? The fastest I can go around here is 120km/h.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
The pics are not clear enough for my old eyes. What codes and freeze frame data are stored with the limp mode?

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
It's an overboost code. I don't have the exact one on hand. My wife was operating the computer while we drove home today and I just had her clear the codes so I could get back up to speed on the highway and not get rear ended.

Here are the graphs of going into limp mode and also the car running in limp mode

I'll get logs one day. I've just bought a house though so it will be a while before I have time to mess with this car. I was hoping my wife would drive today so I could run the computer but she wasn't feeling up to it.