toureg

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
touareg "fix"

notice some posts refer to "the fix", I'm considering a touareg but I'm in the dark about it needing a "fix"? What fix? Can some one explain. thanks

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Likely the 3.0l TDI emissions fix(es) - what needs to be done depends on the model year. 2013 and later can be brought into compliance with EPA/CARB, 2009-2012 can't (so far and may not ever). Just as for the 2.0l engines, there are differing opinions as to how much the alterations affect performance, mileage, etc.

Good luck in your search. There are quite a few Tregs out there now ("fixed") and prices are at least as good, if not better than, before the diesel scandel broke. If you're not sure whether one has been fixed, put the VIN in https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/. If at a VW dealer it's fixed; unlikely any others for sale haven't been fixed, too much money left on the table for the previous owner.

Last edited:

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
!st gen Tregs are money in the bank, so I doubt they will show up for sale for any reasonable price. I have a 2012 LUX with 50K miles and will be able to turn it in for almost 50K $$. Fixed 2013 and later are pretty expensive as well. BTW I sold my 2009 JSW TDI back to VW for 20,500 last yr,also a low mileage car.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
There are two fixed for sale on Club Touareg dot com

One is lower mid 20’sK and one is right at 30K

The cars are good values for the money with the long warranty, etc