Ecm Failure

Ctdair

TDI
2009 Jetta
Engine fault light came on for no apparent reason. Went to dealer and diagnosis was ecm was overheating causing light , new ecm on order and awaiting vehicle return to me. Any other vehicles out there experience this? Did not find any on site search or a google search.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
That just seems odd! If they are replacing it under warranty, you may want to let them go ahead and do it. If it's on your dime, I would get a guru opinion; they can scan it with VCDS and see for yourself.

Tony

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I'll second that advice. I'd be interested in seeing what the code that is stored is.

Ctdair

TDI
2009 Jetta
Under warranty ,their cost not mine. Still waiting on parts , snow seems to have delayed many deliveries. Long story but had to take my truck out of storage because of VW breakdown , ended up trading truck for new 2010 Mega Cab Dodge with Cummins Diesel. Could I tell Volkswagen if truck had stayed in storage I wouldn't have traded it so the new trucks cost should be covered under warranty :D

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Ctdair said:
Could I tell Volkswagen if truck had stayed in storage I wouldn't have traded it so the new trucks cost should be covered under warranty :D
Nice try...I'm sure others HAVE tried! :rolleyes:

Tony