Ford TDci

niteman9

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I saw a Ford today sporting the TDci badge near Ann Arbor MI. I looked like a small mini van or small wagon. Didn't catch the model name. Anyone seen this or know what it might be. Would they be testing a vehicle here which will not be sold here. It was bigger than a Focus.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Might have been a Euro Focus. They are larger--using the same platform as the Mazda3 sold here. The American Focus is riding on a slightly updated version of the original Focus platform.

I've seen a few right hand drive vehicles in Ann Arbor area lately. Land Rover TDV6s last year, Dodge Nitro R/T CRD a couple weeks ago... all with manufacturer plates. I've been seeing strings of Ford Flex and new trucks on I94 lately as well, unsure if they're diesel, though.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Could it have been the Transit Connect? They are supposed to be selling these here for 2010, but will likely screw us out of any diesel versions and only give us the gassers because they think 24 MPG is 'good' :rolleyes:

niteman9

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
oilhammer said:
Could it have been the Transit Connect? They are supposed to be selling these here for 2010, but will likely screw us out of any diesel versions and only give us the gassers because they think 24 MPG is 'good' :rolleyes:
I look up pics of the Transit Connect and it wasn't that tall. Not the euro-focus based on the photo's I have seen on them on-line.

niteman9

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Well after talking with one of my co-workers who is from Germany I have identified the vehicle. It is a Ford S-Max. A quick google search found with a 1.8 liter TDci it is rated at 35.8 City and 54.3 Highway. Those are UK gallons which translates to 30 city and 44 highway. Not bad for this size vehicle

Last edited: