Intercooler icing fix kit backorder.

Organdonor

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sedan 6MT
Only took 5 months, LOL.

Got the call yesterday that it arrived at the dealership, made the appt for them to install it next week.

Ordered it in January! :rolleyes:

Sparer

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
So are they doing this on an "as-needed" basis or is this basically a recall? I have a 2012 and living in Illinois scares me that I am going to run into this. i would much rather get it out of the way while its warm than need it done in january

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Read up on one of the many other threads about this. In short, you will only get VW to replace your intercooler if you run into an issue and they can recreate it as evidence. I'm in Michigan and have only had a handful of rough idles that lasted less than 5 seconds.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Read up on one of the many other threads about this. In short, you will only get VW to replace your intercooler if you run into an issue and they can recreate it as evidence. I'm in Michigan and have only had a handful of rough idles that lasted less than 5 seconds.
Same here. Michigan. A few rough idles. Nothing else from what I can tell.

jstampacchia

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Highline
Here in Ontario I was getting engine lock on start up and chocked off intake during driving. This is only a TSB at this point but should be a full recall if VW was really concern about their customers....

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
Still waiting on mine. Service writer said its being redesigned. I'm not sure he knows what the hell he's talking about most of the time. If I don't get it, here are my options. Spend a couple grand removing the superfluous emissions components causing the problem, along with a tune of course. Or, take a couple grand hit when I trade this in for a Passat this December.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
go the tune and exhaust route....more power, better mpg....I have the intercooler kit already in mine and its been working great but soon exhaust and chip will take away any fears and worrys and get rid of the stupid random stumbles hopefully

Organdonor

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sedan 6MT
When it was ordered back in January I fibbed to the service girl... told her I'd had some rough starts, which I hadn't. When I picked up the car she said the tech had found a small amount of water in the lower hose, and even though they didn't think it was that much of an issue they would order the kit for me anyway.

From reading on here it seems as though it depends on your service dept, and how lazy they are. It costs them nothing, and gets them work to bill to VW, so they should be fine doing it.

nukemech

TDI
2002 Jetta,
2010 Jetta intercooler mod kit

My mod kit took the dealer over 3 months to obtain while I drove a rental at their expense as it had turned into safety issue- car on hiway would not go over 30 KPh or 20 mph with foot on floor. Issue cleared after 5 minutes on side of road - engine would not rev above 1600 rpm. Drove 2 hrs home and then straight to dealer.
Told dealer did not want it back unless throughly tested for internal damage- VW tech support told dealer to compression test- passed .
Less than 3 weeks later threw CEL- #3 cylinder counterbalance- VW tech support- told dealer to replace #3 connecting rod. The dealer has been good with me - you have to remember they are go between customer and manufacturer
I wanted new engine from VW Canada and an extended warranty - no new engine but did get 72 month 160k extended warranty.
I gave VW Canada a chance to cut their losses up front with new engine,as I have seen it in the nuclear industry - repair, repair, and then you end up putting the new one in that you should have done the first time- but VW Canada did not take my offer- we will see!

CDN TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT, 1991 Turbo Diesel Jetta 5MT
My mod kit took the dealer over 3 months to obtain...
Is there any difference between your kit and the ones that were installed last winter? There's been some talk of the kit being redesigned.