View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2016, 07:00   #24
Chris B
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 54/48/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBarlow View Post
I know very little about it but believe it was a good product. I think only a small number were produced. I think I would have liked one.

Didn't it use a version of the Fiat turbo diesel that is now offered in Ram1500s and Jeep Grand Cherokees?
I owned a 2005 Liberty CRD. It was a typical DaimlerChrysler POS! It self-destructed faster than I could fix it. It ate EGR valves every 20K. It ate the intake "FCV" or anti-shudder valve every 40K. Intercooler hoses, U-joints, engine mounts, injector seals (exhaust leaks), and a host of other issues. Part of the problems where due to the FUBAR ECU programming that ran so much EGR trying to meet the NOx limits that the engine was basically choking on it's own sh!t. Once I finally "cheated" the EGR, it ran 100% better and quit blowing a black cloud behind it all the time. The engine was a VM Motori 2.8L 4 banger that is a solid piece until they mucked it up.

That said, it was a very nice vehicle to drive, when it was all together. Tons of torque, close to 30 mpg on the highway, quiet. The seats were hard as a rock, but otherwise it was comfortable. I dumped it just before it rolled 100K miles, and I did more work on that thing than I've done to my Jetta in 300K! Good riddance.

Chris

Page generated in 0.08654 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.06 Kb. compressed to 14.51 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.66%)]