View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:50   #9
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

It's good that APR has finally released their tune for our cars. APR and Revo are the only two companies (that I know of) that give you the option of switching back and forth between stock and tuned maps. However, APR's method of switching does not require you to purchase a separate OBDII switching device (usually at extra cost). This is a good thing.

That said: the actual numbers and graphs do not look significantly different from the numbers and graphs in CR140s with other tuner's stage one tunes. Malone, Rocketchip, Revo, Neuspeed, etc. all post numbers and graphs that are very similar. The differences in power and torque are so much alike that the differences could easily be attributed to simply different dynos.

As I have stated before, often the choice of tuner has more to do with who has a dealer conveniently near you. Most people need their cars everyday, so they can't afford to ship off their ECU to the tuner and be car-less until it is shipped back. I am very glad APR has finally released this just because it greatly increases the number of dealers in the US that can tune our cars. Now, many more cities will have a convenient tuner.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited by JSWTDI09; July 21st, 2012 at 08:53.
JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06297 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.09 Kb. compressed to 14.33 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (10.93%)]