View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:57   #40
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

What word getting out? If you go by this forum the word is first year reliability is good. It sounds like you have had some issue's and that is unfortunate, but there will always be a percentage of new car owners that have issues. I am not saying that VW diesels have not been problematic, what I am saying is these 09/10 owners have been extremely happy with their cars and report few issues. The real gauge is if we polled all 09/10 owners and asked them if they had to do all over again would they buy their car again would they or if VW offered to take it back but they could not get another vw would they do it. My guess is over 80% would not give up their car. If we poled current 09/10 owners if they share positive or negative feedback about their cars with friends I believe the norm will be positive. So I think if any word is out it is what a great car we have and the media seems to love it also. VW must bring up long term reliability to match company's like Ford,Honda, and Toyota if they plan to double sales here in the US in the near future, but so far so good in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIzumSpass
If you limit the issues to "mechanical problems" you are excluding some of the most expensives problems. Sensors, ECM's, etc. can be quite expensive. So can hours of troubleshooting (once the warranty expires) and software updates (they will not be free, either). As for U.S. sales of diesels, that could change pretty quickly if word gets out that these cars have poor reliability. I am shocked at the cost of some of the components that owners have reported. Don't get me wrong; I am a HUGE diesel fan, but there is no excuse for owners to have so many problems with NEW cars. I have also noticed they have made several changes to the 2010 models. IMHO, they should have focused on fixing all of the problems in the 2009 models.

Page generated in 0.08064 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.71 Kb. compressed to 15.11 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (9.62%)]