York Region GTG

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Something like 'I'll be driving the intercooler with the Jetta attached to it' would be more appropriate

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
Ken, your car is ridiculously LOUD, I see what you were talking about now. I was engulfed in smoke when you
opened it up in front of me on Wellington. Haha.

Oh and by the way, I drove it all the way home without it throwing the egr code. first time ever! Thanks again.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
was it much louder then when I left? Thats about as loud as my 3" exhaust gets - woulda been a lot more fun if i could find traction in those first two gears.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
was it much louder then when I left? Thats about as loud as my 3" exhaust gets - woulda been a lot more fun if i could find traction in those first two gears.
Yeah, sounded very similar, except I was 10ft behind him when he pinned it so it was right in my face. Your car had no where near the cloud of death Kens car had.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
hahahaha that's impressive - it's embarrassing how much smoke my car makes. The down turned exhaust helps keep the cloud low to the ground. Ken's on the other hand....

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
I would have loved to come but there is already another dub meet which happens in Pickering (vortex) members and it's a whole lot closer. Why not change it to another day? Possibly a Friday or the weekend?

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
I would have loved to come but there is already another dub meet which happens in Pickering (vortex) members and it's a whole lot closer. Why not change it to another day? Possibly a Friday or the weekend?
Pfff...Omega made the trip from Brampton, as did DocOc from Orangveville! Lol

This wasn't a set date for any future gatherings, just for this one. A Saturday would probably be best next time, get more peeps showing up.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
eBay has vagcom cables for $8. Are these for real?
If you ever need Vag-com work, I am just down at the bottom of Lakeridge Road. You are also welcome to borrow one (I have a spare) if you need to do some logs or something for a weekend.

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
I have a cheapo ebay cable and it works ok for my VW/Audi (both '01). However, it can be a real pain to get the usb/serial drivers working initially. You are also limited to the shareware vag-com/vcds.

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Pfff...Omega made the trip from Brampton, as did DocOc from Orangveville! Lol

This wasn't a set date for any future gatherings, just for this one. A Saturday would probably be best next time, get more peeps showing up.
Oh :D

Let's try and see whether we can get another meet going I'd definitely try to make it as well considering someone drove all the way from brampton and orangeville :rolleyes:

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
Thanks Wingnut, I really appreciate the offer. I was planning on buying one because I pretty much know nothing about vagcom, but would like to. I'm afraid I would need a lot longer than a weekend to figure it out by myself :s

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Thanks Wingnut, I really appreciate the offer. I was planning on buying one because I pretty much know nothing about vagcom, but would like to. I'm afraid I would need a lot longer than a weekend to figure it out by myself :s
Well, if you want to try it before you buy it, you are welcome to borrow my spare. It is a fully registered version using an e-bay cable, so it only works on the MKIV platform cars. It was my first Vag-com before I upgraded to a Hex cable and I keep it in my trunk as a back-up. You are welcome to borrow it for as long as you like.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
Resurrection!

Anyone interested in getting a meet going sometime soon? Weekday, weekend, either is usually good for me. I know last time people said a Saturday might be more do-able. We met up at the shoppers/st louis parking lot at Bayview and Hollandview Trail in Aurora, which seemed like a decent spot. Lets hear what everyone thinks.

canux

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
Sounds good to me too, and these days a Saturday is more doable than a weeknight.