2013 Passat TDi - tuning questions

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Just had my 2012 done by Giles at Performance Diesel Injection in Toronto, they did a great job. The car is a blast to drive now. Acceleration in passing is just there when you need it, no downshift needed most of the time. Well worth the upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4Ijq8Q74Y
Malone Tune? What level? Did the tuner drive it after he was done?

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
The warranty on these cars is so pitifully short - just defer the upgrades a little bit out of procrastination and BOOM you'll be out of warranty anyway, so go for it! :)

LuckyBob

TDI
Passat TDI 2012
Did they do a DSG tune? The shifts seem a bit rough.
Yes to the DSG tune.

Well it shifts hard if you push it hard but otherwise it's much smoother normal driving. It seems to shift at correct points versus closer to 5000rpm previously. It's been a blast on the highway this week :) Also after a few days of driving the car seems to have a bit more torque than the first day does this make any sense? Does the ECU really learn and adjust as you drive?

Added DSG bonus in Manual mode it will not upshift/downshift automatically. Forgot to shift and redlined first time.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
LMAO, title of the youtube video is
2012 Passat TDI - 1 Malone Stage 1.5 + DSG Tune
Yeah, yeah, watched it on my phone, went straight to the video, didn't really see the title. Figured it should be in the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD