2006 VW Polo 1.9 TDI 100 Sport - Engine ticking noise help & advice please

turbogem

TDI
VW Polo TDI 100 Sport
Hi guys newbie here so big hello to you all !

I'm looking for some thoughts / advice on the above vehicle.

The above car has 50K on the clock with a full VW history, recent cambelt kit fitted including tensioner, idler & waterpump (genuine VW parts).
I'm aware that these 1.9 TDI engines aint the quietest of motors especially when cold.... however when driving i can hear a slight ticking noise which sounds like it coming from the front of the car towards the right hand side as im sat in it. ( Can be heard when engine is hot or cold ).

When I stand outside the car and rev it the motor sounds sweet with no signs of this noise in question... so i'm wondering is it just a vibration noise coming through the dash when driving ?

Incidentally this noise could be heard before the cambelt change and is still there now.

I have owned a TDI before ( VW Bora 130 Highline) and don't remember any noises like this, the noise isn't particularly bad but never the less can be heard.

Am I worrying unnecessarily ?

Look forward to your replies....:rolleyes:

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
By any chance, is the noise coming from the little "black box" above the drivers side suspension strut (solenoid valve unit with several vacuum lines running from it)?

Ash :)