ASR light on after 5 speed swap b5 passat

wulferus

TDI
2004 Passat Wagon
I just picked up VCDS, and have never used it before, so bare with me.... I was told by user vwzips that given my situation, and with Bosch 5.7 abs, I need to:

"log in, change the soft coding and reset the CanBus (don't forget to unplug the TCU!)"

I was hoping someone could explain that a little more to this noob. I didn't want to revive the bit off topic thread in the wrong forum, but here's a link for the interested:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=464723

May provide more insight.... Cheers folks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Ross-tech has everything on their wiki website.

You'll need to generate a log in number based on the car's equipment, then input that login number, then change the soft coding... again based on the car's equipment. If the car just has ASR, and no ESP, then you won't have to do a recalibration of the steering angle sensor, since it won't have one.

wulferus

TDI
2004 Passat Wagon
Thanks oil hammer. I did there process described on the Wiki and their YouTube video. However, despite researching, I can't figure out how to reset the canbus

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Goto the coding in the CAN Gateway and leave the number at 0006 or whatever the default is, then click Do It!

Basically, whatever is connected to the CAN Bus at that time will be the new "installed controller" list.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oh yeah sorry, I didn't get the second part of your question about the CAN, just the first part about the ABS.