What did you do to your car today?

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
Eric Cartman said:
Just this past week, I put in a 1600 watt amp, and 15" subs in the trunk, and some Eyelids for the headlights...:D
you should make it to some of the dallas meets, im always the only tdi

eb2143

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Audi TT Short Shifter

Installed it today. Mixed reviews. It doesn't change length much, but it does feel tighter and much more precise for some reason, especially going into third. Maybe it was the lube?

What I wanted to say is the write up on Vortex has some mistakes. First of all, you don't have to take out your air filter to remove the filter box. Just take the whole box out.

Second, you don't have to remove either of the two ball joints (unless you TT doesn't come with one already installed (they usually do))

Lastly, you don't just play around and guess at the proper adjustment; you need to do the procedure that involves locking the spline and gearbox using the "nail" tool. This is outlined on dieselgeeks short shifter install instructions and in the Bentley.

Hope this helps anyone considering. I'd say worth $45 but not too much more.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
adjusted my Sigma 5 shifter again. I think I'm close to getting it perfectly dialed in.

Justler

Veteran Member
Oh cool! You're in great falls! I work in tyson's corner and drive the Mk4 Reflex jetta TDI with the soot on the back w/ maryland plates. Maybe i'll see you around sometime =P. I was up Colvin Run Road yesterday, boy is that road fun =).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
New actuator in the '99.5 Golf, and while it was up in the air I found a broken sway bar link. I disconnected the other side and am driving without it for a while to see what it's like. Also replaced the engine bottom cover with one from a Jetta that actually has rear attachment points.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
Ummm ... nothin' new on the Car lately ... but I'm busy working out mods for the new refrigerator(!) :eek:

Does that count?

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
Chipped and nozzled. Even learned some body work as well, lol!!

Eric Cartman

Veteran Member
TDI

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
took the drivers side wheel and fender liner off the try my hand at body work. The fender is junk anyway so I used a sand hammer and doly (sp?) and got the major dent out. Still a bit wavy but not near as noticable as before. New fender will be picked up in two weeks.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Nihilator said:
Installed OEM HIDs. Niiiice.

--Chris
aren't they? it's like someone turned on the Sun at night...

also, I owe you a note of thanks - all the climatronic conversion info you've compiled came in mighty handy during my recent install :) kudos! it works like a charm..

-mike

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
BlueCTTDi said:
aren't they? it's like someone turned on the Sun at night...

also, I owe you a note of thanks - all the climatronic conversion info you've compiled came in mighty handy during my recent install :) kudos! it works like a charm..

-mike
Didnt we come across one or 2 errors in his write up though?

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
david_594 said:
well, we improvised on a couple connections, true... although being as it was 1am I'm not sure I was completely coherent at that point. Guess I should re-read it and propose adjustments..

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
david_594 said:
No, we didn't. He was perfect. :rolleyes: :D There are one or two wires that you can choose from a couple of different locations to solder them. The gala wire, for example, can go on the radio connection or the wiper relay. And the wires that connect in the plenum chamber are a little confusing. They don't really connect the way you expect them to.

Which writeup are you talking about, by the way?

And BlueCTTDi, welcome to the club! Climatronic rocks...I just wish the Jetta's A/C had the capacity to keep the cabin cold on a 95-degree day in the first place.

On topic: rewired my HID beams to work like a Golf/GTI instead of a Jetta...i.e., low beams stay on when the high beams are activated. Checked out a set of Passat W8 bars, but found that they won't fit my Jetta wagon.

--Chris

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
After I washed her and cleaned her up, I drove the "p..s" out of her. Man o man, that 63 chevy with California plates just "p.st" me of doing 57mph in the fast lane holding up traffic. What are you to do....

TDI
2003 Jetta
I had water temp issues.. Water was overheating by 20-25 F today, so I replaced the thremostat with a Napa Superstat. Much better!!!! No more overheating. I'm ready for a weekend roadtrip now.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Replaced swaybar bushings, replaced ECT, performed TSB 5006-02 :mad: . Diagnosed noisy/bad serp belt tensioner. I'm just so happy it wasn't the TB tensioner or an idler - I can sleep again.

je

Veteran Member
TDI
-
Koni Red
GTI sport springs (and spacer, which it didn't need by the way)
TT control arm rear bushings
Made new spreader tool for the struts, since the spindles are a bit mashed from doing this what, 5 or 6 times now. One bolt, bench grinder easy peasy.

Took a loooooong time. The second shift caretakers kicked me out.

Pretty good, drove the 700m home and seemed nice.

Last edited:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
je said:
Koni Red
GTI sport springs (and spacer, which it didn't need by the way)
TT control arm rear bushings
Made new spreader tool for the struts, since the spindles are a bit mashed from doing this what, 5 or 6 times now. One bolt, bench grinder easy peasy.

Took a loooooong time. The second shift caretakers kicked me out.

Pretty good, drove the 700m home and seemed nice.
Nice.. you're going to enjoy the Reds - I briefly ran them last year and the only reason I changed them out was to upgrade to FSD's.. otherwise I'd have gladly kept them :)

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, the plenum wires were the ones we made modifications to ;) Dave helped me with the install.. there were only one or two of the "*** does this actually connect to" items.. was 98% on point.

The writeup I was referring to was the one to replicate the Kufatec harness. :)

Nihilator said:
No, we didn't. He was perfect. :rolleyes: :D There are one or two wires that you can choose from a couple of different locations to solder them. The gala wire, for example, can go on the radio connection or the wiper relay. And the wires that connect in the plenum chamber are a little confusing. They don't really connect the way you expect them to.

Which writeup are you talking about, by the way?

And BlueCTTDi, welcome to the club! Climatronic rocks...I just wish the Jetta's A/C had the capacity to keep the cabin cold on a 95-degree day in the first place.

On topic: rewired my HID beams to work like a Golf/GTI instead of a Jetta...i.e., low beams stay on when the high beams are activated. Checked out a set of Passat W8 bars, but found that they won't fit my Jetta wagon.

--Chris