2012 sportwagen owners manual / fold down seats

districtdave

TDI
CUP DSG
Just picked up 2012 tdi sportwagen with the dsg and sunroof for my wife. We love it so far but I'm afraid the dealer gave me the wrong owners manual. It simply says 2012 jetta and there is no mention of any of the wagon's features. What does the cover of your owners manual say? Thanks for your help.

P.S. how do you remove the rear headrests to get the back seats down flat?

Sinetv

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW 2013 Audi Q7 TDI
Just picked up 2012 tdi sportwagen with the dsg and sunroof for my wife. We love it so far but I'm afraid the dealer gave me the wrong owners manual. It simply says 2012 jetta and there is no mention of any of the wagon's features. What does the cover of your owners manual say? Thanks for your help.
P.S. how do you remove the rear headrests to get the back seats down flat?
Yes, if you u want flat, need to remove headrests. To do that you need flat screw driver.

53 willys

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI~LOVE/HATE~
Mine has a pic of a wagen on the front....

Make sure your driver and passenger seats are all the way forward before you fold flat....it can rip your rear seat back if you don't.....I ripped mine 45 mins after leaving the dealers lot...

grnmtnjj

Veteran Member
TDI
Retired a 2000 Jetta with 241kmi. Now own a 2012 JSW in Toffee Brown.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Am I crazy ,but the way this feature of the JSW operates is quite insane. It is arcane at best. Why not a simple one step process? duh. BTW I love most of my sportwagen. JP

PaulGiz

Veteran Member
TDI
None any more. My heart couldn't take it.
Am I crazy ,but the way this feature of the JSW operates is quite insane. It is arcane at best. Why not a simple one step process? duh. BTW I love most of my sportwagen. JP
For a quick and dirty, you can just fold down the seats as is (just make sure the headrests are down and you move up the front seats while folding).

The 3-step process is just for when you must have a flat floor. Most cars will never give you a flat floor, so having the option (even at the cost of more prep) is a plus.

P.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
One step I see a lot of folks missing is to raise the seat bottoms and flip them up against the backs of the front seats. If this is done properly, the cargo area created by folding the rear seats will be level and flush with the rest do the rear cargo area.

astroboy

TDI
golf wagon tdi highline
I do the a fair bit and as awesome as it is to see it all flat, I HATE the headrest removal system. The middle on is a total pain in the but. Frankly, I leave it off all the time now.