Check out my lifters!

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
I recently bought a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI DSG with 150,000 miles and the owner said there was a camshaft problem as per the dealer diagnosis. Check out these lifters. There's also a deformation in the injector lobe on the number 2 cylinder that is quite large. I'm curious how it got there? Thoughts?

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
My guess is that metal pieces from the worn camshaft and lifters are responsible for the injector lobe issue.

I suggest working with Franko6 to resolve the issues.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
The standard test: feel the edges of each cam lobe with a finger.

They should all feel dull due to the factory chamfer. If any feel sharp the chamfer is gone, and so is the cam. :)

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
Yeah this Cam and lifter was ready to go. I know the pictures don't show the depth but the lifters were super dished only the exhaust valves too.

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
The previous owner had the implausible MAF code and I pulled the valve cover to find some wear. I decided to share the results of the inspection. I ordered a replacement camshaft and lifter and bearings and install them and it's running great

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The previous owner had the implausible MAF code and I pulled the valve cover to find some wear. I decided to share the results of the inspection. I ordered a replacement camshaft and lifter and bearings and install them and it's running great
But for how long?