Brake Fault

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
So a new issue popped up lately. Whenever I make right turns the brake warning chimes 3 times flashes the brake light. Says Stop and brake fault. Anyone experience this? 05 Passat TDI wagon. BSM delete. 5 spd swap.

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
New pads and rotors couple months ago. This just started. 230,000 on the car. Maybe a wire issue to the pads?

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Fluid level is fine, first thing I checked. Once I pull the wheels and check wiring I’ll reply with the findings. I’m betting the wiring is the culprit. Stay tuned.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Pad wear wiring faults will only light up the amber pad wear indicator light. I'd check the fluid level sensor wiring and the parking brake lever switch. You should also scan the ABS module, but most abs faults will also light up the "ABS" light.

+1. The low pad warning is just a light, nothing more.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I had that on one of my B5.5's - I swapped the fluid reservoir sensor, mine had an intermittent issue showing low fluid when it wasn't low.

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
So I messed with the reservoir, tapping and shaking it around a bit. Seems to have fixed the issue. I guess the level sensor was the culprit. Been a couple days and no warning.