11mm ahu pump help

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Hey guys I have a 98 tdi Jetta I have just done a 2052 swap with 1019 injectors Malone stage 3 tune, my problem is the car timing says 255 degrees for the timing and is plotted advanced. The cars starts super easy which makes me think that this is correct and it is not retarded. Being that I no longer have the ahu pump sprocket I would have to remove the all pump sprocket to adjust the pump timing within spec? I have moved the 3 bolts on the cam gear which makes me think this thing is to far out because It did not change the timing of the pump on vag com when I rotated the cam sprocket counter clockwise toward the engine on

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Update bottomed out the pump sprocket counter clockwise, car wouldn't start advanced the pump sprocket clock wise car was a lil hard to start, when I opened up the TDI timing log it started billowing white smoke still read 255 degrees timing, fuel temp 160 I'm think at this point I can pull the cam gear off and move the pump with everything locked or advance the pump shaft one tooth? Any 11mm injection pump gurus feel free to add input

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Wondering if any of these codes would affect the timing showing 255 on thetiming graph no matter the change, pump was a low milage used 125k

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
There was a recent thread about timing stuck at 255 degrees, and I cannot remember what the solution was. If you will take the time to search, i am quite sure you will find the threads discussing this problem.

EDIT: there is a blown fuse causing the problem, IIRC. Unfortunately I do not remember which one, nor have I been able to find the previous posts about it.

Last edited:

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
There was a recent thread about timing stuck at 255 degrees, and I cannot remember what the solution was. If you will take the time to search, i am quite sure you will find the threads discussing this problem.

EDIT: there is a blown fuse causing the problem, IIRC. Unfortunately I do not remember which one, nor have I been able to find the previous posts about it.

Usually when timing is stuck at 255 it’s electrical, start by checking N108 valve hose or connector.

Bajan

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Update I have cleared most of the codes, I am not getting 12v to the the fuel shut off solenoid now. With a jumper and regarding the timing to Almost max retard on the sprocket I can get it to read 180-183 degrees when warmed up. Will check on 108 tonight