Tacho golf 4 1998 tdi 110cv

Mrtino93

TDI
110cv
Hi I would like to change my odometer, with an odometer whith lcd in the midle. It's possible?.sorry for my bad english.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
If your car is mark 4 and uses CAN bus maybe.
This is just a shot in the dark. I responded because your question has been out there for a while. I'm sure someone will make a correction or elaborate on the possibilities of your swap.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Not so easy on that age, you don't have the can bus to work the screen properly for the mpg etc. Been trying all sorts with a friend's car but there doesn't seem to be a way to make it work without some sort of converter thing.

Mrtino93

TDI
110cv
I read on an Italian forum, that there is a no-canbus odometer with a central screen, do you know something?

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Because the US is a small percentage of vw sales we always get less than what Europe gets. I encourage you to explore the source from that Italian forum. Does Google translate for you in Italy? German forums?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I read on an Italian forum, that there is a no-canbus odometer with a central screen, do you know something?

Actually there's one set of clocks with full screen that work off non can but they're very rare.

And clocks with 920 in the middle 3 digits won't work though, they need the can bus signal from the ecu for the mpg etc to work.

Mrtino93

TDI
110cv
I know there are also odometer numbers 919 with lcd in the center, maybe I found one on ebay, but i do not buy it if i'm not sure then it can make it work. An alternative is to buy a non canbus adapter - canbus, I found it on the internet but I have to understand how to connect it and if it works. Then there is the problem of reprogramming the odometer through the tacho-obd, there is a somewhat complex but not impossible procedure.This is what the Italian forums say.