Injection Pump Sprocket New Bolt Torque?

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I'm replacing the timing belt on an ALH engine TDI this weekend. I have the Dieselgeek "Delux" kit with the needed new bolts, including for the injection pump sprocket. What are the new IP sprocket bolts torqued to? I just read the timing belt "How to" and did not see this mentioned. I take it that the new bolts are not "torque-to-yield" and thus do not require the last "1/4 turn". Is this correct? Also, after the initial tightening of these bolts, I then check the timing with VAG-COM. I can loosen these bolts (reuse them) multiple times correct, since they are not torque to yield, in order to fine tune the timing, right?

Thanks.

--Nate

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I don't know the answer to the torque question right now, but will check my manual tonight.

I do think they are tty bolts. The procedure is to do the VAG-COM tuning with the old bolts, then lock the IP pulley down by replacing with the new one at a time.

edit: My B4 manual says 18 ft-lbs. I'll bet the A4 is the same but will check.

Last edited:

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Yes, 18 ft-lbs.