Dyno Thread!!!

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
...I just emailed the dyno shop (Fast Enough Performance) inquiring about the correction factors, if any, used Saturday...
Got this emailed reply from Chris Koptizke this morning:

"...We use the built in weather station with the intake air probe at the air filter, it also factors in outside air temp, baro, and humidity. The drivetrain loss on your car should be around 35% so your crank horsepower is about 240.( we know this from extensive engine/chassis dyno testing)"

Anyone know if 35% drivetrain loss is reasonable for our cars? IIRC from reading on this forum, 15-20% loss is the usual number.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
What did you tweak between your runs?

If it can help... Here's a picture I took of the numbers when I was there Saturday
I thought it was odd that all of the cars were PD's. (seriously, it took me a while before I realized that in the non-tdi world that pd could mean something else:D)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
No, 35% is reasonable (a bit high) for AWD. You're right, most use 15% for FWD.

I know some of these cars and how they're set up, and all these numbers look a bit low. But it was a hot day, I hear.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
What did you tweak between your runs?

I thought it was odd that all of the cars were PD's. (seriously, it took me a while before I realized that in the non-tdi world that pd could mean something else:D)
Haha.. I remember seeing that at a dyno session once and it took me a while to realize it meant that they had already PAID lol

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
What did you tweak between your runs?...
Just the tune.

Struggled getting rid of smoke for months only to have the MAF finally crap out (but somehow still pass all the "tests" I could find on the boards). Just changed to a MAFless tune a couple weeks ago and had started adding fuel back in. First run went completely smokeless and torque dropped off big time after 4000 RPM. Second runs were better but there is still room for more fuel, and I have the hardware to deliver it.

Milage King

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TD tuned
I only got 142 hp, my tune is really smokey down low, so I set the IQ at 10, and didn't realize i had no smoke on the dyno:eek:. Oh well, was my first one, live and learn.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Mine was 118.6/215

It was a fun time, and I got mine done before all of the heat really kicked in. right around 10am.

I need to photograph my Dyno Sheet and post it up here.