View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2011, 23:34   #9
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycyclenut View Post
Okay, odd, as luck would have it, I lost my primary keyfob (ugh!) and it unlocked all doors on a single unlock push. As I lost it, I had to go to the back up and low and behold, that little unlock all doors trick isn't working. I double-checked the settings and it looks right.

Now, I'm wondering if this was actually done by the dealer for me (I set this up 6 months ago when I first got the car, so I don't remember if it was something I did - and I thought it was - or the dealer at my request) and it's tied to that, now lost, keyfob?? But I know for sure, it's no longer opening all doors and as of yesterday with the old key, it DID.
The unlock all doors and the ATA confirm (honk when locking) and probably other features are key fob specific. They only work on the key fob that was in use when you set the function. If you change key fobs, you must re-do the changes. I learned this when I turned off the honk when locking. I later locked the car with the other fob and was surprised when the horn honked.

Have Fun!

Don

Page generated in 0.06718 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.00 Kb. compressed to 14.39 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (10.09%)]