2015 Golf (S) radio - Why does it change channels

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
2015 Golf (S) radio - Why does it change channels when I start it up?

Some times I turn off the ignition with the radio on "my" channel. Some times I turn it off with the radio "off."

... or is there more issues.

... I'm under the bumper to bumper warranty.

Thx:D

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Sometime mine does, sometimes it doesn't . If you have the shop try to find out why - they will come back with nothing. Just save your favorite stations and live with it. It doesn't seem to happen as much on satellite.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Sometime mine does, sometimes it doesn't . If you have the shop try to find out why - they will come back with nothing. Just save your favorite stations and live with it. It doesn't seem to happen as much on satellite.
I appreciate your post.

yeah, it's no big deal.

sometimes in hi traffic-hazard conditions, I hit the off button. Will now just start to "lower" the volume. ;)

sometimes when I park it in the garage, the radio is off; sometimes it is "on." Will now get my FAV channel working before I start moving.:D

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
There is a TSB about this issue. The dealer needs to update the firmware on the stereo. I’m going to have them do it when I have my 10k service done. It won’t change to 87.7 for a month or more , and then it’ll do it three or four times in a row.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
There is a TSB about this issue. The dealer needs to update the firmware on the stereo. I’m going to have them do it when I have my 10k service done. It won’t change to 87.7 for a month or more , and then it’ll do it three or four times in a row.
Will check into it on my next oilchange - Thank you for your information.