View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:16   #28
WooshyNoises

Fuel Economy: Pretty much the same as my '73 Super Beetle

Cesar is finally on the road again!
The no-start was a combination of lost prime, as suspected, and a battery that wouldn't hold charge, which was thankfully under warranty with Interstate.
On the suspension side of things, I turned the FK's down all the way, but kept the helper springs and rear adjuster in. I like the stance. It looks low without being so low that it bottoms out in the jungle that is my back yard. The driver side front tire scrubs on the fender a bit with my fat ass in the car, but the occasional smell of burning plastic is a small price to pay for looking good.
Oh, and handling is on a whole other level. Very easy to power through corners now! I've never had a front wheel drive car that could instill this kind of confidence in the twisties without an LSD.

I've driven about 20 miles with this configuration. I am starting to experience a bearing or CV vibration when I turn right at any speed over 15mph, so that's next on the agenda. It's always something with this car!
I've also noticed that since installing the PD150 intake manifold, my boost gauge tops out at 22psi and the turbo is laggier than I remember. With the stock intake, boost was sitting pretty at 24psi sustained. I can't imagine that the PD150 intake would cause a 2psi pressure drop! Perhaps in all my tinkering, I created a vacuum leak somewhere?
Parting shot:

Last edited by WooshyNoises; June 14th, 2017 at 14:40.
WooshyNoises is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08745 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.59 Kb. compressed to 14.90 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.20%)]