a cheap mbc that doesn't surge?

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
is there one? or do all the spring ones do? i have that $20 one from umm i forget the name, anyway, especially in cold weather, if i just apply a bit over slight throttle, the boost surges as it starts going up, so like:

4-6
5-7
6-8
7-9

etc and the car jerks, does this pretty fast actually. but if i'm on the gas a good amount, no problems.

or is electronic the only solution?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Everyone I have seen will overboost slightly. Although with my Dawes Device I have never seen anything over 17-18psi (which a VNT15 can handle with ease)... Settles down to 15psi without a problem.

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
umm i'm not talking overboost... this is completely something else. i have a vnt17 and i don't overboost, with my pd130 turbo inlet on full throttle it shoots to 22psi and holds, no spike, but its not smooth sometimes if i'm only applying part throttle....

dareo

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Silver GL
I bought the cheapest, highest sold brass ball and spring type MBC on ebay for my 240sx with SR swap. It works amazingly well. I currently run 9psi with full consistency in all gears, and have tried as high as 14 psi from the T28bb. It worked for me and was less than $20. Try it, test it well, and good luck.