Boost issues

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Hey all, still doing a slow revival of this car, can anyone make sense of this graph and the strange boost issues I'm having? Already done everything except check actuator rod travel. I'm about to do that, but wanted to get some $0.02.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
I may have answered my own question lol I checked movement, still easy travel since I cleaned it last week, but the rod starts moving the second I pump, maybe 1psig, and stops moving at 12psig. Looks like I need to adjust it and follow up :)

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Yes, having your actuator set to start moving at 5" of vacuum (not PSIG) and hit the stop at 18" is a good place to start. At full throttle in 3rd gear you optimally want your N75 valve % to be around 65%.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if green is actual boost and yellow is requested boost (on the graph) I don't think you are getting boost.
Get the adjuster close to the vacuum range above as a start then refine it later.
When I replaced my actuator I think I checked it & it was close.
I found & was getting 20 to 25 LB boost easily and had a few limp modes.
I had to lengthen the arm a few times but now I can still get 20 LB with a moderate takeoff.
Will lengthen it again at my next oil change.