mrvermin: where are the photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grawil

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf
You started two threads where you accused a local tdi guru (and a fellow club member) of gross incompetence and said you will post high-res photos as proof.

mrvermin said:
From how it was explained to me, the only way to cause those "injuries" to the Cam Gear was to install it using an Air Gun to tighten it instead of a proper Torque Wrench. Apparently, when my mechanic [new mechanic: Wroth] tried to get the Cam Gear off, he found that it had been tightened to about 200lbs/ft causing it to crack [old mechanic: VDUB TECH]...
We are all still waiting for the photos so please update your threads.
Photos show you at the wed. meetup but nobody there has commented and I see you want your injectors balanced. I cant imagine anyone here wanting to do business with you until you clear this up.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Please post in the relevant threads instead of starting a new one to stir up **** and add drama to the forum. I'm not taking sides as I like both parties, but a third thread like this is completely unnecessary.

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
i think its obvious that grawil grew impatient, as did i, for a response to the notion that the removal caused the damage to the gear rather than the improper installation as we were led to believe in the original posting. it's also obvious that we all read new threads pertaining to a relevant matter. for more info on this particular matter i would direct you to tdi 101 where, for educational purposes, i'm certain, the op has created a new thread asking worldwide opinion to weigh-in substantiating his claim.

anyone got some popcorn?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Stop using "We". Speak for yourself and if there are others that you are representing, and feel like fragging them in, please name them.

dr_p

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Wolfsburg Golf
geoman and I, we.... and speaking for ones self, where is mrvermin? probably watching his thread in TDI 101......... because he is not following up on the threads he started elsewhere

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Don't wait for the translation, yes or no!

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
Stop using "We". Speak for yourself and if there are others that you are representing, and feel like fragging them in, please name them.
oops, you're right. i should explain. you can lump me into the group of curious onlookers ("we") still waiting for high res pics which may help clarify the condition which the op's mechanic found the gear in. until that happens, this whole thing looks more like slagging the installer and less about part failure, erroneous install and/or luck. read mrvermin's reply to abacus. no mention that the damage in the pic of the gear was due to removal. this implies that it was damaged by someone(installer), somehow(over-torque).

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
We don't need 3 threads on the same subject. In fact there shouldn't even be 2, but I do not want to mess with the other 2 in case I get accused of favoring one side over another. But this one I can lock without too much backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.