View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2019, 14:57   #20
intro
Veteran Member

Picked up the battery from Interstate. I dropped it off at 10 and picked it up at 4. Not sure what time they put it on the charger but when I went to pick it up the knowledgeable guy from inside the warehouse had left for the day and the young kid at the counter went and got it. Put the voltmeter to it and said "12.2- fully charged." Ummm, I debated that it should be 12.8 but he said I'd be able to start the car. He offered to keep it on the charger overnight which is how I've normally done it I think but I wanted to get home and check the charging system. After starting the car I was down at 11.8. With headlights, radio, HVAC, garmin, dome light, and hazards on, it dipped down to 11.3, and when I shut all those off again but left the car running, I was now at 11.5. Clearly, I have a charging issue. Wiring and plugs looked ok. Haven't tried cleaning up grounds. Battery indicator bulb lights up on ignition turn. Pretty disappointed if a new Bosch has given up after only 3.5 years. The good news: the throttle has come back and I'm not getting any new, random warning lights. I'll probably pull the alternator and have it bench tested just to rule it out.
intro is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06683 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.93 Kb. compressed to 13.50 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.58%)]