View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 16:36   #24
Paracordinnovations

TDI(s): 2012 Jetta

Couple of questions/opinion on what to do here as this is my first TDI or diesel powered vehicle for that matter. I purchased my 2012 Jetta 12/2018 after the fix from a dealer with 52,000 miles on it, 6-speed premium package. In Northern Illinois through the cold winter it was fine and within the first week I installed the Kerma TDI Qpro+ tune. Works great, no issues. As it has now warmed up to the 70-80 degree mark for the weather, I noticed the other day puffs of the black soot (smoke) briefly after a shift. No codes, no loss of power, and I can monitor several different gauges through the alpine iLX-107 head unit I installed through the communications port. All readings, boost, MAF, EGT, torque are reading as they always have with no issues.

I have searched and read many posts here and on Google relating to the black smoke on the TDI engine. I know it can be a number of things causing it but I don't know why it would just start doing it. I can switch my rear camera on while driving and monitor the smoke coming out. As I said it's very short and not like I'm "rolling coal" like a truck. I also read that with a tune, this can happen, but the tune is designed to work without having to delete anything.

So under this "warranty" would this be something for the dealer to look at considering the EGR is covered as well as the DPF and other components that all seem linked to black soot/smoke? I also have yet to try removing the tune and seeing if it changes anything, which is the next step before starting to look at intercooler piping for leaks.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't think it's that big of a deal since the car is running fine, just annoying when the first 6 months I had it this didn't happen.
Paracordinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06524 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.57 Kb. compressed to 14.14 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.19%)]