View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2011, 15:02   #4
bfrinkus

andybees, thx for input. To address your concerns:
-all maint up to date ie fresh filters, intake cleaned, snow screen cleaned, ecm parameters set within oem specs, etc. I also regularly check and maintain consistent tire pressures.
-wife's driving routine very consistent. 50 mile round trip daily commute at 60mph with no lights. Small amount of city driving. Fuel ups made in same manner to full each time, ventectomy performed before any mods.
-i agree...neither synthetic oil nor egr delete caused mileage drop. I think small drops or gains are likely statistically irrelevant.
-i also agree that driving style habits are biggest affect on mpg. However, i'm looking for mods to supplement improvements made by driving style.
-i have a theory that pirelli tires are robbing me of several mpgs. I won't know for sure until i swap tires.
-sounds like you have some good data! To all on forum, please share mods you made and thier effect on mpg if you have supportive data.
-most stations sell diesel with cetane of 40 which is why i believe you don't notice mpg difference between brands. However some stations ex: amoco branded BP is 47 cetane, sell higher quality fuel that i'm convinced provides better performance and mpg. Whether costlier fuel is cost effective or not is another question...
Thanks for input!
Brad
bfrinkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06840 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.06 Kb. compressed to 13.63 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.50%)]