Glow Plug light keeps flashing

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
A flashing glow plug light is also a form of Check Engine light... best bet is to have the car scanned for codes....especially if there are engine running symptoms associated with the light.

My random interweb guess: a QA issue... which also triggers the flashing glowplug light. :)

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
You have to scan it for fault codes. VCDS is preferred, but generic OBDII should be sufficient in this case. The flashing light means there's a severe engine management fault.

The brake light bulbs or switch failure will do it as well, do draw your attention to a potentially dangerous condition.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
The other ones I know of so far are the #3 lift sensor injector and the tps throttle positioning sensor. As said you'll really need to scan it to see what the actual issue is.

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
well, see you didn't mention it runs like crap; so I ass-u-me'd...

jerrykulseth

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
I just put in a new fuel pedal in and brake relay switch also changed the battery checked the brake lights all is good, and No change. ill check for codes in the morning and let you know. thanks everyone.

tdivaki

TDI
vw golf TDI
Tdi glow plug light!

Hey everyone! I have a problem and im hoping you guys can help me solve the problem, recently I had to poll the head out to clean the carbon that was build in the piston everything was going good put together and I had a hard time starting the car I thought the ail maybe was sucked in so I thought that's the problem but now in the morning its giving me hard time and during the day after the car is cooled off same thing but after it runs fine no problem after starting but the glow plug light is flashing all the time wile its running!!!!!! what should I start looking for first??:mad:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Obvious maybe, but did you reconnect the glow plugs? Was the flashing G/P light and starting issues there before pulling the head?

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Hi tdivaki,

Please start a new thread, because yours is a new question/topic. You'll get some more attention that way and the topic will be easier for all to follow.

The flashing glow light is a "check engine light." Read your fault memory. The controller wants to give you some clues, so use that to your advantage.

Last edited: