Block heater cord?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Unless it's something special for Canada or a cold weather package, there are no block heaters in TDIs.

You can purchase a coolant heater though that works well.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Racing_Rush said:
Its getting cold and I can't seem to locate my block heater cord. Can anyone point me in the general direction to its location?
Define block heater. Then we can TRY to look for a cord.

MJ72

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta pkg1
I installed mine this week and can not believe I ever lived without one! Plus, very easy install.

CJB3_TDI

TDI
06 Jetta 5spd MM & ESP Build 10/05 now with new DMF
hello Racing_Rush - no block heater on the TDI - the dealers may install an oil pan heater - if so check for the cord at either front lower corner zap strapped to the lower grill - previous owner may have added an in line coolant heater as listed above

Racing_Rush

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Thanks for all the replys, I have changed my own oil so I know there isn't a oil pan heater. I guess I will have to put an antifreeze heater. I am also thinking of adding a second battery in the trunk any thoughts?

fuzzywulf

TDI
06 Jetta
i put a zero start in my A5 yesterday bought the heater from greggs for about $60-70 easy to install hung it off of the LS frame bolt and ran the hose over top of the frame and under the air box im in edmonton if you want to see what i did

newbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
fuzzywulf said:
i put a zero start in my A5 yesterday bought the heater from greggs for about $60-70 easy to install hung it off of the LS frame bolt and ran the hose over top of the frame and under the air box im in edmonton if you want to see what i did
Pics?

Rival12

I have a factory installed.....plug? block heater?

Bought mine 06 Jetta TDI in Winnipeg, always had it.....i assumed it was a block heater.....could be oilpan heater....

When it's plugged and i start it in the cold....i.e. -9, -10 C.......i get engine temp reading (it moves up)

It sticks out the left front grille....i tuck it away in the summer....it can hardly be seen.

The car does not like the cold here....and anything around 0....i plug it in......it has harsh starts otherwise....(even for a diesel)

FYI. I'm in Edmonton.

Last edited:

fuzzywulf

TDI
06 Jetta
there are no frost plugs on the engine unless the dealer put a circ. heater in it is a pan heater.I will take pics on the weekend and post them works good car was 70 degrees this morning