Wiring Diagram for MKIV Jetta TDI?

Conan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI
Hi,

I have the Bentley manual, but I'm wondering if there are comprehensive wiring diagrams out there. I checked IDParts (where I got my Bentley book), and they don't sell any wiring diagrams.

Specifically, I'm trying to troubleshoot a non-funtioning A/C system. I believe battery acid ate through one of the wires going to the compressor clutch. I see a green or green/black wire heading from the burned plug (on top of the starter) down towards the clutch. I'd like to unplug that plug and test for proper voltage, etc. I really need a good wiring diagrams, with colors, if possible. I've been through the book and I'm missing it if that info is in there.

The way VW changes things willy-nilly, I'm thinking there are probably 48 different diagrams out there (for my generation car) to cover all the changes. The harness part I'm working on (p/n 1J0971349FQ) shows 20 different parts numbers in ETKA!

I don't know if it would be a copyright infringement to post that stuff online, but if not, I'd like to see it. Don't mind paying for it if I need to, either.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
WD 38/4 shows the A/C clutch; wiring harness T4/3 does show a green/black wire from the coolant fan control module, in engine compartment, left. T4/4 is a brown/black(ground) wire. This T harness is near the starter. Is this what you are looking for? Manual A/C system.

Conan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI
JB, I have to admit that I've been trying to diagnose this stuff from work, where I don't have my Bentley. You're right, it's all there. What I was looking for was either a comprehensive wiring diagram (whole subsystem), or a "map" of the harness. I had acid burn right through a connector, but because of the way the harness runs in that area, I was having a hard time telling what all is in it at that point. I have mostly working on a project Honda car ('87 CRX Si) lately, and I got spoiled by the great Honda manuals, that have kind of an "X-Ray vision" picture of where the various parts of the harness physically run in the car, and where they terminate. It's fantastic when you have a situation like this where you have open circuits but you're not sure what they are. Thanks again for the research.

ZoeCat

TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Conan - did you find a diagram?

I too have been spoiled by the totally incredible shop manual and electrical system manual (it's own book) with excellent schematics, wiring diagrams, and location maps for my 1989 Toyota Pickup. Did you happen to find some useful drawings for the 03 Jetta wiring?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Check with your local library. With my library card, I have access to repair and wiring diagrams all for the cost of $53 this year according to my property tax bill.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I find the Bentley wiring schematics very good. For working purposes only, I copy and enlarge the diagram I need. Works great, and then I file the copy away for future use!

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
check with a dealer if they have a separate wiring diagram.