Cold Air Intakes

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
the airbox and paper filter can, but that ridiculously small snorkel that goes around the battery can't, even with the snow screen cut out.. A VR6 snorkel is enough to do the trick..
I read the thread on the R32 and the only larger one is the R32 DSG. Parted out a few VR6's, exactly the same as TDI's, 2.0L's etc.

Get yourself a stout leaf blower lol... That'll give you some ram air...
Won't work on a turbo car, except maybe one with tons of lag and a huge turbo that doesn't spool until 4K. :eek:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
The regular 12V VR, and 24V VR have slightly bigger snorkels than the ALH cars... There's no screen, and the inlet isn't necked down as small.. Same with the BEW cars, they don't have a snow screen and have an ever so slightly larger snorkel. It's nowhere near as large as the R32 snorkel but it flows more than the factory one.

Once you go front mount, there's really no need for a snorkel anyway. I saw zero difference in IAT with and without on my setup, so I left it off.

edit for part number.. 1J0-129-609-C is the VR6 snorkel for 99-05 US cars and the one I'm referring to..

Last edited:

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Nice, don't click guys.