F/S: 1996 Passat tdi 265xxx miles.

ky_tdi_mike

TDI
passat, 1996, white
Okay, i'm selling this car because it needs a new power steering box and there are other things that need to be done if i'm going to keep this car that i'm just not willing to invest in. the volksdoktor (louisville, KY) quoted me $800. fair and reasonable i'm sure they are a pretty good shop.
The car has been very well mechanically mantained, appearance wise not so much.
I'm trying to drive it as little as possible right now, it goes through about half a quart of chf 11s a week.
The timing belt is almost due, letting you know that whoever buys it, it should be done in the next 10k miles (400-450$)
It needs new shocks/struts. A/C needs to be charged.
It needs to be painted.

The good stuff. A few years ago my N75 went bad and i had a lot of stuff replaced to fix it. The intake is new (new, not cleaned, they kinda ripped me off on that one) with a golf tee in the egr vacuum line to help prevent build up. 2.5 year old glow plug harness and glow plugs. 1 year old clutch, N75 valve and vacuum lines. Both front door handles and drivers side window regulator are about 2 years old.
I have always used rotella 5w-40 full synthetic.
I bought the car from my uncle, who lives in campbellsville ky, he's a trucker and was based out of louisville (80 miles one way) and the majority of the miles came from him. I've had it since spring 04 and I bought it with 185,000 miles on it.
Tires are fair have about 20-30,000 miles left on them.
Eurobumper conversion, functioning fog lights and euro switch.
NO CEL.

I'm not looking for a fortune for the car, I know it's not in the best shape.
I'll say 2500 OBO. I'm obviously willing to negotiate, I'm not in a huge rush to sell so I'll take a few offers.

As soon as i figure out how to put up pics, they will be up.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
IN the TDI club photo section? Go up to the blue bar and click on photos, you will have to register there too, but you can host them right here.

ky_tdi_mike

TDI
passat, 1996, white
Thanks big geek. I'll be in charlestown sc for 2 years going to nuke school...i'm selling the tdi to help pay for my the 65 mustang i am trying to buy. if you ever get down that way you can go for a ride (if i get it.... crosses fingers).