Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
As part of the massive tax hike here in the CPR, almost 1/3 was diverted FROM road repair to non-road uses AS PART OF THE BILL (one diversion is to fund publicity for parks)! Of course, Gov. Brown and his clique swore that ALL of the new taxes would go to fixing roads! Of course, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

...... we, me, you, us yourens get what who we VOTE for...:eek::p:mad:;)

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Here's the spread in central Baldwin County, Alabama from I-10 down to the beach:

RUG: $2.219-2.379 (prices trending down)
Ethanol free midgrade: $2.899-2.999 (prices steady since forever)
Diesel: $2.499-2.849 (prices trending up)

That $2.499 was at a Chevron in Foley, so I filled up there today, breaking a several-months-long trend of filling at the local Exxon, which is unusually high priced this week.

I'm often wary of filling up at this (or any other local) Chevron because none of them advertise a price for diesel on their signs. That makes me think they are quite low volume with low turnover. But this price was nearly 10¢ a gallon lower than the next cheapest competitor in the area, and past fillups here have been fine, so…

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Here's the spread in central Baldwin County, Alabama from I-10 down to the beach:
RUG: $2.219-2.379 (prices trending down)
Ethanol free midgrade: $2.899-2.999 (prices steady since forever)
Diesel: $2.499-2.849 (prices trending up)
That $2.499 was at a Chevron in Foley, so I filled up there today, breaking a several-months-long trend of filling at the local Exxon, which is unusually high priced this week.
I'm often wary of filling up at this (or any other local) Chevron because none of them advertise a price for diesel on their signs. That makes me think they are quite low volume with low turnover. But this price was nearly 10¢ a gallon lower than the next cheapest competitor in the area, and past fillups here have been fine, so…
Are they on GasBuddy?

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Yes, and that's where I saw the price. For a few days I just assumed someone had made it up because it was unusually low. We get a lot of "price fakers" that come and go around here.
I've seen prices for diesel posted on GasBuddy at stations that don't even sell diesel fuel.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
I've seen prices for diesel posted on GasBuddy at stations that don't even sell diesel fuel.
Same here!

I've been pretty active locally with the Master Station List, trying to keep stations' info up to date. If diesel isn't checked in the MSL, it won't show up on the station's gas prices page. That's the only way I know to defer fake prices.

(I'd sound off on current diesel prices locally but I haven't been out of the house in two days and I don't think they've changed at all.)

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
Gas prices and diesel prices both are trending up here, surprisingly. But the overall spread seems to be about the same:

RUG: $2.229-2.359
D2: $2.479-2.659

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Nice!! Best price I can find in San Diego County for D2 is $3.27 - RUG was $2.85 this morning at Costco Santee.
Need to price check the Propel HPR, last couple of times I have looked it was more than straight D2.
Propel prices depend on the station it is at. I've found that Propel pumps installed at Chevron stations are priced way higher than Propel at non-Chevron stations. This is inline with Chevron's price gouging policy. If people didn't believe Chevron's lies about their fuel quality, Chevron would have been out of business years ago. I stay away from Chevron stations.

Unfortunately, I've had to go back to plain D2 as Propel refuses to install pumps north of Sacramento. You'd think they would want to get some of the SR 99 and I-5 business. Yuba City & Chico for the SR 99 traffic, and at least Redding for I-5.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Well, when I go north on 99 or 5, I can fill up in Sacramento and go 12-1300 miles on that tank. So from their point of view, they picked a good place to distribute from. All 4 of the Property stations in San Diego are relatively close to I-5.

Price of D2 here seems to have dropped a dime since I filled.

Propel prices depend on the station it is at. I've found that Propel pumps installed at Chevron stations are priced way higher than Propel at non-Chevron stations. This is inline with Chevron's price gouging policy. If people didn't believe Chevron's lies about their fuel quality, Chevron would have been out of business years ago. I stay away from Chevron stations.

Unfortunately, I've had to go back to plain D2 as Propel refuses to install pumps north of Sacramento. You'd think they would want to get some of the SR 99 and I-5 business. Yuba City & Chico for the SR 99 traffic, and at least Redding for I-5.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Well, when I go north on 99 or 5, I can fill up in Sacramento and go 12-1300 miles on that tank. So from their point of view, they picked a good place to distribute from. All 4 of the Property stations in San Diego are relatively close to I-5.

Price of D2 here seems to have dropped a dime since I filled.
However that only works if you are driving south as there aren't any Propel DieselHPR pumps anywhere north of the Sacramento metro area. Also there aren't any on I-5 between Sacramento and Norwalk, plus the only one near SR 99 is in eastern Fresno near the airport.

When I was making regular trips down to Sacramento several times a week in 2015, it made sense to use Propel. In 2016 and this year I've either had to be lucky that I needed to fuel up during my 1 monthly trip or just make a special 3 hour round trip to fill up. The time wasting is not worth the trouble. Additionally the fact that Propel seems to have stopped expanding their presence does not bode well for their future.

Meanwhile, D2 has dropped back below $3 up here by me.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Just east of Charlotte NC it's $2.55 and just south in SC it is $2.43 for D2.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Just east of Charlotte NC it's $2.55 and just south in SC it is $2.43 for D2.
paid $2.45 in Lake Wylie last night. Could have saved that 2 cents but it was the wrong direction.

tdi54

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Diesel(sold), 2009 Jetta TDI MT(sold)2010 Jetta TDI MT, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, DSG, 99 Ford F 350 PSD Dually, 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d, 2016 535d
$3.33 in Riverside CA, thanks to increased state gas tax(diesel/gasoline) and sales tax increase (only on Diesel fuel) without the voter approval of course.