Repair shop suggestions Austin Texas

thk

The starter motor on my 2003 Jetta TDI just died and I'm waiting for the tow truck. Can anyone recommend a reliable and TDI-friendly repair shop in Austin? I live in Old West Austin (near 12th and West Lynn). (I've heard great things about RunsOnBeer for timing belt replacement, but I don't think he does this sort of routine repair work.)

thk

paramedick said:
Yup, Rob or his cohort can fix you up.
Indeed. Worked out great. It was only a crappy factory vw battery that had leaked. New battery; starts like a charm. (It really sounded like a dead starter, clicking and all, so beware; it can be a dead battery even if it wont jump start.)

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Actually, it's more Anuthee, Rob's sidekick that is doing the mechanicking there lately. Off Slaughter Rd the the east... right at the "T". Super nice guy and very helpful when I recently ran into some trouble in Austin.

helosix

TDI
98 NB ALH 1.9L
Permanently Closed

Rob closed the shop doors for good on 10/9/2017.
Bummer... I was looking to get my 98 NB worked on by someone skilled & local.
Good luck and best wished, Rob!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Yes sorry to see Rob go. Partly why I sold my 2003 Beetle. I have heard good things about this guy but not tried him myself. Long time dealer mechanic if I remember correctly at Hewlitt VW, which I have had good service from.

Kevin's Auto Shop (512) 508-5141
40217 Industrial Park Cir, Georgetown, TX 78626

I have also heard good things about:
http://www.germanautocenter.com/

I doubt any of them will be cost competitive with what Robby charged though.