Ct. to Florida

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Just drove Ct. to Florida 1260 miles. Did it in 2 tanks not trying to get millage. Driving 70-80 mph most of the way. I like to travel at night so I left at 8:45 pm driving all night arrived in Orlando at 4:00 pm

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Mostly 95 south 45 mpg using scangauge and we hit traffic jams 2 times for accidents but they were only a couple of miles long. 45mpg is now my highest mpg but I know we could have done a little better if we kept the speed down. Plus my girlfriend drove a bit and she's never really driven my Jetta any distance.

gutts

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
St. Augustine Fl. to Durham Ct. = 24.1 gals. About 1250 miles the route i took. I came up thru Va. and Pa. 65mph +/- cruise control used as much as possible. The western route is longer but so much nicer to drive.
Best

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
St. Augustine Fl. to Durham Ct. = 24.1 gals. About 1250 miles the route i took. I came up thru Va. and Pa. 65mph +/- cruise control used as much as possible. The western route is longer but so much nicer to drive.
Best
My wife and I always take the western route up I-81 when heading from FL to Maine. Detours on the Blue Ridge parkway are much more fun than detours on I-95.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Nice going. I've done that route a few times. You ever want to get to gether for a fuel/air/cabin filtre and oil change, synchronize with us. We usually have half a dozen of us together and we'll order from vendors on the forum. If you're into your 40k and about service it can save some doe by doing it yourself and in a group.