View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:19   #121
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezshift5 View Post
After 2013 JSW TDI 6M turn-in - I have the (generous) VW offer - prior to the 1 September 2018 deadline..............I'd sure like an Alltrack 6M.
It seems to have it all - except fuel efficiency.
Have you noted any buyer's remorse due to the marked MPG drop?
again, the Alltrack 6M really appeals but......................
best, ez
If you don't "need" AWD (and I think the number of people that *truly* need it is small; I live in Quebec and have never felt the need for it), you will do much better, and have essentially the same car, with the 1.8 TSI.

I have one, a Golf hatch (5-sp manual) and my wife will soon get a 5-sp manual TSI wagon.

In summer, if you don't beat it up, this is possible:

Now, I've hand-calculated that the MFD is off by about 0.3-0.4 L/100 km. So realistically, let's say that the 5.2 really is 5.6. That still works out to 42 mpg which isn't half bad. The only downside is that VW cut 5 L fuel capacity on the Mk VII, so range is only 700 km in "normal" driving, but you might be able to tickle 900 km on a long drive at 100 km/h (if you can stand it!). I don't mind the range issue so much as I'm retired and no longer commute, but for those with a long commute prepare to stop a lot more often... my Mk VI TDI used to be able to go at least 1000 km between fills, and that was exactly a week's driving.
'16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06428 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.53 Kb. compressed to 14.98 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.38%)]