Kerma tdi?

Acesebulba

TDI
2005 Jetta
I could use some info on using Kerma tdi. I have read horrible things about them and would like some personal experience opinions before I give them my hard earned money.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
There are many vendors here if you have concerns try another.

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Wagon, 2005 jetta
Check the cyber bullying article apparently the sites and reviews are fake from some Russian websites. They are trying to get money to take them down. One of the posts is the owner of tdi club which is pretty clearly fake.

sent from smartphone

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Got my injector nozzles from him, he was really helpful especially with the posting etc with me being in the UK.

I think you'll probably find complaints about every vendor, I mean look at some of the idiots you come across in life lol and they buy stuff from vendors too.

blackty

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi (sold)--2005 Jetta 2.5 Tiptronic---1993 GMC Typhoon---2003 2500HD Silverado---2012 WRX Wagon
Purchased turbo and exhaust from Kerma. Would do again when needed...Jim

mittzlepick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wagon (365k)2001 wagon tire burner 6spd 2003 wagon(417k)
as good as anyregistered vendor, a must for flash tuning thats their thing and good prices on parts

MikeOlive

TDI
2006 New Beetle TDI DSG; 2013 Audi A3 TDI
I'm very satisfied with my Kerma tune. Got it in 2008. I think there are more tuners out there today but at the time Kerma was the only tuner that had the option to purchase the tune with an OBDII programmer--that way you can revert to the original tune and you get tune updates via email. I did not want to have to remove and ship the ECU for the tune.

In fact I just recently received an email from Kerma stating that they had learned more about the BEW and an update was available--I had not even requested--I was impressed. When I upgrade my turbo, I will use Kerma.

CustomShirt

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
Ordered my parts and had them a day later... can't beat that... nor could I beat the price.

I am happy with them.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
I have had no issues with Kerma. Getting parts and gear from them is great! Especially nozzles. Their hot swap program is awesome. Some people have issues with their higher end tunes from Kerma. I have also heard of issues getting updated or additional tuning. But otherwise they have great service!

rshelor

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta Sportwagen (PD)
I ordered SKS front wheel bearings and got Hudson bearings instead. I called and complained and he gave me a refund that very day. I think they're good folks to deal with.

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta 2001 Jetta 95 Dodge diesel 4x4
kerma

I have had good luck from them. I believe the guys name was paul. Very good attitude , to be honest I have never had a problem one from any of the dealers that are on this forum. Kerma has treated me very good :D Jim

vwdieseling

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, more bugs
I've bought parts from them, slow shipping but acurate. I rate them 7 on a 10. Other than some items they seem to have a little sense on whats going on.

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
There are lots of posts on Kerma's quality of service, some GREAT and some VERY BAD. I only know a little bit about their story and the business owners went through some funk in the past, but have been aggressively rebuilding their business over the past couple years.

I think you should PM Paul @ Kerma and evaluate for yourself. Read and digest the most current posts, not necessarily the stuff from yesteryear. There are plenty of vendors on this site if you decide you don't want to do business with Kerma.

What are you looking for?

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
I've spent around $4000 @ kermatdi. Very helpful guys that will make sure to give you the best price. They screwed up an order for me this winter and sent me someone elses stuff but they resolved it fairly quickly and did next day delivery for my parts (i'm in canada so that wouldn't have been cheap).

nadroba

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta, 2005 Jetta
I live outside the US also. Paul has been very helpful with my orders and everything has been smooth. I am planning to change my nozzles and definitely will go with them.

blownaway

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI (waiting for my 02M conversion) 99.5 TDI(totalled) 2002 gasser wagon, 2012 Golf
Paul is awesome! Kerma is the first place i would go for parts. :D He is very supportive of our military too!

FredS

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf GL 5spd, 00 NB 5spd, 94 Toyota-01ALH
Paul will take care of you. I've purchased a few things from Kerma, and have had zero issues.

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I have purchased from Kerma and will confirm that both Paul and Charlie have been great with advice and recommendations for my '05 Golf TDI.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
just buy from id parts way less hassle

brother in-law bought a clutch took one month to arrive

i bought nozzles took nearly 2 months to arrive

when i buy from id parts it comes in 2-3 days and they have a way larger selection.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
no it was not stocked and then delay after delay.. 1.5 months before they even shipped..

they seemed like good people just not a well run business in my opinion.

again never had a problem with id-parts and have ordered from them probably 10-15 times and will continue..

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
no it was not stocked and then delay after delay.. 1.5 months before they even shipped..

they seemed like good people just not a well run business in my opinion.

again never had a problem with id-parts and have ordered from them probably 10-15 times and will continue..
Please contact me so I can review the order..and see why it was delayed. If we messed up... I will make it right.

We stock lots of Bosio inventory... but sometimes we run out of a certain nozzle and the factory runs behind on production of a specific nozzle

And then there is the dark side :

... some rather amazing dirty deeds that we endured as a few exploitative companies tried to cause great harm to me and many aspects of the business during the toughest parts of my battle with cancer.

We have been importing and distributing Bosio for over 10 years. We played a major role in introducing Bosiol nozzles to the TDI community

When I was really sick ,the vultures came circling and tried to destroy our business. At least 5 different tactics were used to disrupt supply.

But we are still standing and kermaTDI is still growing...

Please let me get some facts and see if it was something we messed up on... I will make it right if we did

We try our best to get everything perfect, everyday, on every sale.... and sometimes we make a mistake, or a product just won't ship from vendors on schedule...

All the best
Paul

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I bought two sets of PP520's from them which they set up on my injector bodies. I'd do business with them again, no worries. Paul even cut me a deal on them since it was unplanned due to my original injectors not passing the calibration standards.

Order from them without reservation.

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997 1Z (RIP), 2002 Jetta GLS, 2002 Jetta GLS, 2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Like everyone said, there are many vendors here that can help you. I have purchased suspension kits from Kerma and nozzles for very reasonable deals. I buy my timing belt kits always from Dieselgeek (just my preference and don't forget shortshift kits and skid plates). I have also used idparts, boraparts, ecstuning, worldimpex, etc. for other items and none of them have let me down. Of course any person may have a different experience for a specific circumstance. And everyone makes a mistake once in awhile.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
You had given me 25$ credit for the 1.5 month delay. Still not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Like I said earlier kerma probably won't rip you off and you will eventually get what you ordered or something similar, but if you want to just go online and have the parts arrive in 2-3 days without 30 emails go to idparts...