2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CDI

Jeffreyspahn

TDI
2012 JSW Tdi
I just bought one of my salesmen a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CDI. I was really impressed with this Jeep. While in Pisa, Italy in 2006 I saw one of these in the parking lot of our hotel and commented to some friends that it sure would be nice if they brought them to the US.
Another of my salesmen has a 2007 Grand Cherokee with the V8. I took him as an objective reference on how the two compared. His response after test driving the MB V6 was "If he doesn't want this Jeep, he can have mine and I'll take it.". We get about 17MPG with the gas Jeep. Hoping to do better than the 22MPG the window sticker says with the new diesel Jeep. With driving of 60-65K per year, the diesel should be a good choice.
Just excited and wanted to share.

spoolhaus

TDI
WTB 2003 Jetta Wagon
Got mine for a cople of weeks (3) now, and it is simply amazing!! It is pulling the pop-up trailer like a champ ( +/- 3500lbs) and we are avering much better mpg than the Grand Caravan we had before that! The only problem is that wifey and I are fighting for it on week-end (like we were for my Jetta in Caravan days)... Things could be worst.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Has this vehicle been dropped in the US market? I've seen a few used at dealerships in the area.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
dieseldorf said:
Has this vehicle been dropped in the US market? I've seen a few used at dealerships in the area.
I'm assuming no,as I just went to the Jeep site to build my own and the diesel engine is $3,560 extra for the 09 model.I still don't think they are 50 state legal though brand new.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
A salesman at the dealership told me they have to drop the Mercedes engine and go to a different engine due to the split. Take that with a grain of salt.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
At least for the moment, that's nonsense. If Chrysler stops being able to pay their bills, then they'll have to drop the Mercedes engine ... and everything else along with it.

You can still buy a Dodge Sprinter, and guess what's underneath that.

lkchris

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 New Beetle
CJ8Rockcrawler said:
What kind of mileage are you getting so far? I'm contemplating a Diesel SUV for my next vehicle.
EPA ratings for the big Mercedes GL are 18 city, 24 highway

The M-class with diesel might be slightly better (it's the only Mercedes that showed a sales increase the last quarter)

On recent Albuquerque-Tulsa-Albuquerque trip I got 27 outbound, 23 inbound (westerly winds).