V-Dub Waterama

Shauger

TDI
2000 Jetta black
West Philly High School is taking both of their cars to this event (the Attack kit car powered by a TDI and the Jetta conversion project powered by, you guessed it, a TDI).

I'm not sure how many TDIs will be there, but if anyone is in the neighborhood, it looks like a fun event!

http://www.vdubwaterama.com/

Shauger

TDI
2000 Jetta black
We had a great time today - the only TDI's on the track. We got three runs.

Ron drove the Attack. He is an experienced 1/4 miler, and his best was 14.92 seconds.

This was my first 1/4 event ever. I drove my 2000 Jetta which we converted from a gasser to a modified TDI. My best was 15.9. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would show the time slips.

Number6

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
Well now, initially I thought I'd heard that the old Beetles could float, what's this about a water-rama? Maybe someone stuck a TDI engine in an Amphicar? But following the link I see it is something more ... er ... pedestrian. And the question of which TDIs float best remains for now unanswered.

Shauger

TDI
2000 Jetta black
All the Beetles there flew, not floated.

Most of them were running in the 10s for the 1/4 mile.

I saw an 8.5 second one and missed the record for the day - 6.68 seconds for , you guessed it, an air cooled beetle.

If you ever get to see an 8 second car first hand, I highly recommend it.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
one of the regional shows I haven't been too. I had a family issue to deal with and missed it :(

you guys gonna be at waterfest?