Phase II Fix

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Anyone have the Phase II fix done on the EA288?

I know I was told when I bought the car last year it would come available early this year but hadn't heard anything through email/mail stating the fix was available and schedule an appointment so just wondering if anyone heard anything else or if they had it done what their first impression was?

Also I know it has been discussed but has anyone heard or tried to submit claims on vehicles they bought after Phase I was completed? From what I've read through the settlement and on the claim page is that if a previous owner took the buyback they were awarded 2/3 of the total payment and if it was resold the new owner could make a claim on the remaining 1/3 (as in my case I bought mine in June of 17' as a CPO and Phase I was completed before I could purchase it and when I go online to the settlement page VW "claims" my settlement is $2234) but I know from others forum members that they have been told there is no more money to give so curious if anyone has had any luck or spoken to the agents/lawyers whatever you want to call them.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
It's not available yet in my region. When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago, they said there still isn't an ETA, other than "soon". I'm covered under the warranty now though, so I'm not too terribly concerned about a timeframe.

Don't get hopes up for money. When I bought mine, I was told I'd get the same amount but after submitting all the paperwork, mine was ineligible since it was a buyback from VW. Still waiting on final confirmation from the claims administrator, but I'm not holding my breath.

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Ya the warranty I'm not terribly worried about it was more of the fact asking if anyone has completed what they thought. When it becomes available I don't necessarily want to be the first one

I wasn't holding my breath all that much either but I'm waiting to see it be nice to get a portion of it because the car isn't fixed all the way and that is how the paperwork reads

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I have to plead some ignorance here, but why should anyone who purchased post fix from VW be entitled to any sort of restitution?

The restitution was for VW making court-ordered peace with customers who were lied to about how clean their emissions were at time of purchase or who lost resale value on a car they purchased before the lie was revealed.

If you purchased post-fix, you were neither deceived nor impacted in terms of resale value. Why should you be entitled to any restitution? I don’t get it.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I can’t speak for everyone but for myself- I didn’t purchase it post-fix. I purchased it halfway fixed. VW could have held onto these vehicles until a complete fix was available but chose to put them back on the roads while one is still being sorted out and made available. I still have to take time out of my day, find a dealership, have them perform a fix to make a vehicle complaint that was sold as such in the first place, and a system designed and implemented by the company itself said I was eligible for restitution given the circumstance.

And it’s an “honor your promise” point to me. After I enter valid info into the online portal to check if I’m even eligible, the system should know not to say “sure you can have this money” only to be told later “whoops sorry I lied LOL”.

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
I purchased it halfway fixed.
Aside from what the language of the settlement says, was there anything included in your purchase agreement about the status of the cars emissions? Did you buy the car outright, or do you have a loan on it where VW or a bank is holding the title. Curious if there are any mechanisms (stick) in the purchase agreements of these re-released '15s to get people back in for the phase two fix if it turns out they are not eligible for the second half of the fix money (carrot).

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Curious if there are any mechanisms (stick) in the purchase agreements of these re-released '15s to get people back in for the phase two fix if it turns out they are not eligible for the second half of the fix money (carrot).
No, there’s not. That’s my situation, with a Phase I-fixed NOS purchase last May.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I can’t speak for everyone but for myself- I didn’t purchase it post-fix. I purchased it halfway fixed. VW could have held onto these vehicles until a complete fix was available but chose to put them back on the roads while one is still being sorted out and made available. I still have to take time out of my day, find a dealership, have them perform a fix to make a vehicle complaint that was sold as such in the first place, and a system designed and implemented by the company itself said I was eligible for restitution given the circumstance.

And it’s an “honor your promise” point to me. After I enter valid info into the online portal to check if I’m even eligible, the system should know not to say “sure you can have this money” only to be told later “whoops sorry I lied LOL”.
Where in your purchase order or vehicle and updated warranty documentation does it state you are entitled to restitution? In the purchase order and vehicle and updated warranty documentation that came with my purchase of a Phase I-fixed TDI from VW, there is no mention of restitution.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Where in your purchase order or vehicle and updated warranty documentation does it state you are entitled to restitution? In the purchase order and vehicle and updated warranty documentation that came with my purchase of a Phase I-fixed TDI from VW, there is no mention of restitution.
From VW’s claim portal. After checking my VIN, ownership and purchase date details it spat back something in the neighborhood of ~$2,400. I got no updated warranty or emissions documentation from VW.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, like I said before, I plead ignorance on this one. If you can squeeze more money out of VW, more power to you. Money is fun!

I just found it to be a logical fallacy that people would be due restitution on a purchase they made at already diminished value and knowing full well what they were buying. I could see it maybe in a private sale, where the seller sold at an increased price with the understanding that the buyer had a payday coming, but I assumed purchasing from VW would sort of render that moot.

Maybe not. Good luck!

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Your correct in that I was neither deceived nor impacted but my only point is that VW got approval to sell the either stop-sale or buy-back vehicles (my case the CPO) and perform Phase I of the fix and then would be brought back at a later date for the second fix. Whats the point of half-fixing them and then assuming owners will want to bring them back to get the second phase performed.

Number 2 in the settlement paperwork it states that if owners vehicle was bought back by the company the original owner was to receive 2/3 of the goodwill package, whatever that amount was, and the second owner (myself in this case) would receive the final 1/3 if it was bought before the deadline (I want to say September/October of 17").

I would never have tried/thought I would receive money from VW (I don't just go looking for handouts I work hard for everything I've ever had and I hate cheating/stealing from people/companies) from this because I was a second owner of the vehicle but when this settlement is given to TDI owners and in the paperwork drawn up by VW/Court/Lawyers, whoever, and it states that is part of the package well okay guess what I'm a TDI owner that still has an affected vehicle that falls well within the dates of this, then I will take the 20-30 minutes to fill the paperwork out to see if it is part of the claim. Same thing as if you fall into any other class action lawsuit for a broken coffee maker or whatever and they made false claims about what that particular product did, but necessarily didn't affect you but you receive some compensation